Notes about LMI Welding 2.5" rear seat lift.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just finished installing the LMI rear seat lift, in preparation for a new system install.
Some notes about the LMI kit.

Build quality is pretty good. Solidly built stuff, and it even looks pretty good. There is a textured powder coating that mostly matches our interior. Install was fairly straight forward using the sheet of instructions and the YouTube video. I took a little more than the prescribed hour (about 2 hours) because there was a little re-engineering that needed to be done. First, the drivers side rear seat has some electronic thing attached to a plate that is attached to the seat, that won't allow the LMI bracket to work. I removed the plate, and reinstalled it on the other side of the mount point. It does not sit flush against the seat anymore, but it is not going to go anywhere, and I was able to tighten it down enough that it doesn't move. It is stable. Moving the bracket on the passenger side was a little trickier. When (not if) you accidentally drop the screw with the washer welded to it, inside the rear firewall, the only thing that will get it back out, is a small set of hands (probably female) with a pair of chopsticks and some dexterity. Pliers and grabbers will not work, but it absolutely can be recovered. Once complete, the B&O subwoofer can be screwed in with the top bolt, and the middle mount. The drivers side mount comes close to fitting, but in the end, the washer will clamp it back down, but the mounting bolt will not go all the way back in the hole. It is secure enough though, and in my case, will not be there much longer. If you intend to keep the B&O plastic sub box, there is a tab that can be bent down on the mount that holds the seatbelt, that would allow the B&O sub to go back in the way it is supposed to.

Finally, the jack on the passenger side, can no longer be locked into place. It can sit on top of the new mounts, and is held in place when the seat back is up, so I am not overly concerned with it, but the LMI brackets prevent it from going back on it's little slide-into-place lugs. One last thing, tall people will no longer want to ride in the back of your truck. I am 5'9" and I only have an inch or two of clearance to the roof.

jfitts23

Reaction score
I didn't see anymore Lmi welding stuff on here so replying to this. I just installed this kit and now i can't latch my rear driver side seat back. Its like it won't come close enough to latch. And also it seems to be hitting the middle person shoulder seat belt mechanism. Does yours go all the way back and latch like it did before the kit.

20200511_174214.jpg

20200511_174626.jpg

20200511_174555.jpg

Don S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jfitts23.....I just installed a similar latch, made by another company today. I went to lock the seat back and it would not. I looked and realized that bar that the latch catches on, slides up and down in a 3" long slot. I looked as the seat back neared the bar and could see that it was too high. I slid it down, a little lower than the latch (as the latch has a triangular shaped guide that forces the bar to line up with the latch.

Once I slid it down and slammed the seat back, it locked.

jfitts23

Reaction score
Forgot to update. I gave LMI a call. I had to move that bar down a inch from the top and i had to lift the seat bottom up first about half way up then latch the back. And that worked. The middle person seatbelt is still a little hard to retract once you pull it even with a couple washers to lift it. But nobody seats there so i'm not worried about that.