Newbie getting ready to pull trigger...insight on Raptor reliability/problem spots.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paulny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So, my '18 Raptor is due in between the 11th-17th. I have a deposit placed on it, and am really excited about my first Raptor much less my first Ford in over 20 years. I have historically purchased Toyota/Lexus products. Therefore, for those that have owned either a Gen1 or Gen2 Raptor, can you please give me insight into the reliability and problems spots (if any) regarding the Raptor? Admittedly, I have had few problems with my Tacoma, Land Cruiser, and Tundra over the years. However, my father/mother were HUGE Ford enthusiast and as a 12 year Army veteran, I feel compelled to make my way back to a truly American brand. I tried searching the forum for some information to aid in my decision, but have come up empty. So, I figured why not get the opinions of you great folks who have first hand experience with these incredible vehicles. I don't need a truck, much less a Raptor, but I LIKE trucks and I simply can't keep my eye off of the Raptor. Thanks for any advice/insight/opinions you may have.

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome aboard! There is a ton of good information on this very topic. @WhatExit? already provided you with one link. If you search, you'll find a bunch more.

Good luck with everything!