GEN 2 Naviks smart phone display screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I don't think it's gonna be that much considering the 2016 explorer is 140.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accoarding to this email its $450

"Hi, we are awaiting the arrival of the plug & play harness they should be coming in at the end of the week.

Video interface price - $300

Mirror Interface price - $150"

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also the hands free texting its pretty interesting feature that actually works pretty nice. Just had to learn to say "period" at the end of each sentence since I was told my texts looked like complete run on sentences when I didn't.

Yup. Google's voice recognition is 95% accurate, even for people like me who have accents. It's far and away a game changer, and another reason why Apple/Siri is so dated.

If I understand correctly, when in android auto mode, you can hit a button on the nav screen and talk to google assistant. And that lets you do way more than just texting.

I stopped using car navs 5 years ago, and see absolutely no use for my nav that comes with the 802 package.

Last edited:

Ownby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. Google's voice recognition is 95% accurate, even for people like me who have accents. It's far and away a game changer, and another reason why Apple/Siri is so dated.

If I understand correctly, when in android auto mode, you can hit a button on the nav screen and talk to google assistant. And that lets you do way more than just texting.

I stopped using car navs 5 years ago, and see absolutely no use for my nav that comes with the 802 package.

Yea the Google assistant allows you to almost control anything related to audio or navigation that you want. Can tell Google to give you directions to a certain address or play a certain song on spotify, pandora, google music, amazon music or almost any music hosting app. I randomly try new things to see what it is capable of doing and most the time I am shocked that it actually does what i ask. Pretty awesome feature.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hope you get Android Auto working. Its night and day better than just using the basic sync 3 features. I almost always plug my phone in just since the user interface looks so much better and then I always have Google maps and Spotify for my music. Also the hands free texting its pretty interesting feature that actually works pretty nice. Just had to learn to say "period" at the end of each sentence since I was told my texts looked like complete run on sentences when I didn't.

Still havent got it to work! Ill have to play with it more. Maybe the truck or the phone needs an update. it just doesnt come up in the truck, seems all set up on the phone though. I do have it enabled on the truck in settings as well and the phone is plugged in...

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$450 is about par for these, looking at the other company who posted too.

Did confirm with them, the other lockpik/navtv features are likely to be avail too (video in motion, control in motion, etc). Sadly they stated override of the OEM cameras is "not possible". Hopefully someone does figure this out as would be a great feature in tight trails

BajaRacer

Reaction score
Got Naviks

Got mine today. A lot different than the picture and looks pretty plug and play.

Instructions appear to come separately. Email response from this company is 2nd to none. Got back to me in less than the time it took to write this email and said "do not wing anything manual will be sent to you shortly." :)

Appears that the WiFi module runs off the USB connection so might just end up with all of it in the dash w/o a cable.

Hope to get to it this weekend but not sure I'll have time.

Attachments

• 20170505_135229_edited.jpg
    20170505_135229_edited.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 84

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my 801a, I have NO nav. This would allow me to do nav.

Other than that I don't really care.

My 801a does not have Nav, but when I USB my iPhone apple car play kicks in, and boom NAV via maps is displayed. Truck even responds to voice commands in Nav. Tell it where I want to go, and it looks it up and displays it on the truck screen.

OP
OP
Mapleman

Mapleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine today. A lot different than the picture and looks pretty plug and play.

Instructions appear to come separately. Email response from this company is 2nd to none. Got back to me in less than the time it took to write this email and said "do not wing anything manual will be sent to you shortly." :)

Appears that the WiFi module runs off the USB connection so might just end up with all of it in the dash w/o a cable.

Hope to get to it this weekend but not sure I'll have time.

Review?

BajaRacer

Reaction score
Review?

Was able to get it installed this weekend. Had great service from Naviks with a few simple questions. They responded on Sunday even though their tech support is not technically open!

Install is pretty straight forward but always a bit nerve racking pulling the plastic off. Easy to fit the Naviks unit behind the head unit.

Also installed the wireless connector at same time which uses a composite(Red/White/Yellow) RCA connector to feed the video into the head unit.

You activate the phone mirroring with holding down the power button which brings up the connection screen. Connect to the wireless profile it sends out and with Apple you Apple Play which mirrors and with Android you use Smart View. Android doesn't allow for rotation under all conditions like Apple but there are plenty of apps for that.

Picture is so-so with the RCA connection. Would be nice with higher resolution but still pretty impressive to have the phone mirror. You still have to use you phone as it can't pickup the factory screen.

For navi in motion got that strait. Activates it easily enough. Holds until you deactivate and seems to do a decent job staying updated with your location while you are driving. Have to spend a little more time trying it out.

Handled what I was after. No issue with recommending Naviks for nav bypass and video in motion.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20