Navigation volume

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Maybe everybody else knows this, but just in case.

I found my Raptor, Lucille, whispering navigation prompts to me today. I’ve only used the in Raptor navigation at the dealer once and one other time and it worked swimmingly. Today, I could barely hear the voice prompts, no idea what I did.

Fortunately, my dealer contact bailed me out. You have to increase / decrease volume while the navigation prompt is being given. I must have been decreasing the volume during a voice prompt last time out. My wife was furiously flipping through the manual trying her best to aggravate me and for the record, my wife is --the worst navigator in all of human history--. So it’s critical that Lucille not toy with us when it comes to navigation.

:biggrin:

I know there’s a bunch familiar with late model Ford and F150’s, and you old hats probably already knew this, but if any other N00bs trip over this, adjust the navigation prompt volume during the navigation prompt.

HunyaKitti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the same if you are having the Sync system read your text messages. You have to increase the volume while it's reading.

HGguy

Reaction score
Speaking of Txt Messages

It's the same if you are having the Sync system read your text messages. You have to increase the volume while it's reading.

I can only display/listen to txt messages sent to me only. If a message has multiple recipients it does not download from the phone to the Sync system. Any thoughts? Is that something that is configurable?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How anyone can stand the nav system talking or beeping constantly is beyond me.

The next turn is always listed at the top. As you get close to a turn, it brings up the detail on the right.

costnsg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem. I couldn't figure out what else to to, so on a hunch I tried the volume when navigation instructions were being given. Presto!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't forget that there is the "R" button for repeat of the voice commands of the navigation, love that feature, and I can barely see my screen when it's very bright out, so the voice reminder is nice.