GEN 2 navigation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This system is not user friendly. Trying to lay a route out. Do not want a line drawn. I know the places I want to go. So take handwritten notes and argue with voice commands and make a dozen routes as you go. A waypoint list would be great. And good luck just putting a town in, with no street address. Even better try talking a name into the system. No city centre listing. About to put my old navigation in a cupholder mount and forget about the dash. Did Ford even test this out?

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the navigation from Apple car play last weekend and it worked flawlessly.

OP
OP
D

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The centre screen needs a low bar to keep your resting finger from bouncing into screen. I guess glue something onto bottom lip

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
used the maps on the apple play.... saved $800 and still have a good nav. its actually nice honestly. its easy to type the address into my phone, or even copy and paste it as the destination.

now if only they would allow WAZE to work with it id be golden.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Android Auto is great still having trouble connecting seems to be hit or miss. I know it is the USB setting must be set to MIDI or image transfers but for some reason mine changes at times. May be my Note 4 edge causing some of the trouble.