Lowrance Carbon Does Not Import GPX or USR files

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HDS Carbon fails to import some GPX and USR files. GPX error says "failed import" USR file error states that it cannot be parsed. Is my unit crap or are others running into the same issue?

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
HDS Carbon fails to import some GPX and USR files. GPX error says "failed import" USR file error states that it cannot be parsed. Is my unit crap or are others running into the same issue?

Is is failing on multiple media cards or just the one you tried to import? If you have not tried another media card try another first...

OP
OP
Clockton

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is is failing on multiple media cards or just the one you tried to import? If you have not tried another media card try another first...

Fails on multiple cards. Still working the issue but the culprit might be the latest firmware. We have gone back to Lowrance so that I can downgrade. Another possible workaround for the “Error Parsing Waypoint” Issues. You will need another GPS to do this. PCI found that the HDS Gen 3 GPS units to work the best.

Import the USR file to the HDS Gen3, save it as USR version 4 to the GPS. Then, export it as “filename.usr” as version 4 to your card.

Last edited: