GEN 2 KlCKER Subwoofer 802A Package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

That Dude

Reaction score
I had the Kicker added to my 2014 Raptor and it blew away the Sony, I then changed all of the speakers as well.

I have the 802A package which comes with the Sony. I just ordered the Kicker Substage from Stage2motorsports.com ( I am not affiliated with them) I can give a better evaluation when I install it next week

Cheers!

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Agreed!!!!!!

Hey Ron,

Have you installed the new sub yet? I ordered mine from stage2motorsports as well and it should be here this weekend. How was the install?

Thanks,

Anthony

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious as well Ron. Could this be as simple as removing the Sony sub, bolting in and plugging in the Kicker with no other mods?

ron.bumpus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Ron,

Have you installed the new sub yet? I ordered mine from stage2motorsports as well and it should be here this weekend. How was the install?

Thanks,

Anthony

I have it sitting in the box in the back of the truck. need to find a location in can install it at away from the prying eyes of MY WIFE

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Curious as well Ron. Could this be as simple as removing the Sony sub, bolting in and plugging in the Kicker with no other mods?

instructions are pretty straight forward, 2 Audio taps for the sub to get signal, Power, Ground, and Kicker is now supplying a Sony Amp relocation bracket that will sit in the storage area behind the drivers rear seat. to make it look nice I bought a small piece of 8x12 black plastic sheet I will encase the amp in to keep it from getting dinged up.

2015-2017 F150 Kicker VSS Substage Powered Subwoofer Kit SF150SC15 is the kit.

ron.bumpus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Ron,

Thanks,

Anthony

Yes installed it tonight, wasn't too bad hardest part was popping the hole through the rubber in the firewall :)
so first take on the sound, a little disappointed the Kicker for my 14 sounded way better. Unless I am going deaf it actually sounds like the radio lowering / raising sound volume automatically because of the power.
or I could be really tired and don't know what the heck I am talking about.

lol

Last edited:

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes installed it tonight, wasn't too bad hardest part was popping the hole through the rubber in the firewall :)
so first take on the sound, a little disappointed the Kicker for my 14 sounded way better. Unless I am going deaf it actually sounds like the radio lowering / raising sound volume automatically because of the power.
or I could be really tired and don't know what the heck I am talking about.

lol

Any pics during the installation or final product?

ron.bumpus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, no photos.been traveling

One word to note is the Kicker does not shut down with auto stop/start
Which I was pleasantly surprised by.

When I teturn I will try to get photos uploaded

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, no photos.been traveling

One word to note is the Kicker does not shut down with auto stop/start
Which I was pleasantly surprised by.

When I teturn I will try to get photos uploaded

This is good news. I could very well be doing this.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing a photo of the finished product.