GEN 2 KlCKER Subwoofer 802A Package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hate when they do the one time menu disable on things. At least a Tune can disable it. But should be a menu setting that stays how ever you set it. I had to have the Traction Control disabled in the tune on my mustang as I would always forget at least once to disable it at the track. And at events in the Raptor I have a few times forgot to disable it when starting the truck back up.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The KICKER is only compatible with 2.7L EcoBoost[emoji768] with start/stop feature because of its current draw and load on the vehicle's charging system.

That according to a local car audio tech. I didn't get into the weeds about the 3.5L system.

Plus, all KICKER installations require the dealer to program the OBD.

FWIW

The programming can be done by you at home with Forscan. Plenty on the internet on how to get it done. Just not sure how it's OK on a 2.7 and not a 3.5!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The programming can be done by you at home with Forscan. Plenty on the internet on how to get it done. Just not sure how it's OK on a 2.7 and not a 3.5!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder if its in reference to the older 3.5L and not the new one in the Raptor.
But I know I would be having the start and stop disabled when I got a tune.

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that part is a no brainer but you would hope they monitor the load and not turn off the engine during heavy draw. Hell what does the truck do when you have 400watts of off road lights on when you are stopped or if you activate an air compressor.

Also just starting it back up each time the battery runs low seems like a really quick way to kill the battery and we all know the OEM battery is not that great. I hope they are oversizing the battery and adding a deep cycle one.

The battery in the new Raptor appears to be 800 CCA AGM type. I was pretty impressed to see that under the hood. That said, the auto start/stop seems pretty unappealing to me. If someone comes out with a tune to disable it, I'll probably do so.

Nogard

Reaction score
Maybe you can set in the menu or a tune to disable auto start/stop crap. The added wear on the engine and starter alone is a reason to disable it.

This is the button you hit to disable the auto start/stop (the A) . It's right above the information screen. By default it is engaged and you have to disable it manually whenever you start the truck back up. You then get a few second display in the instrument cluster giving you the status of which mode you are in.

Attachments

• auto on off.jpg
    auto on off.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 117
  • auto on off display.jpg
    auto on off display.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 110

Mesozoic

Reaction score
I would want it the opposite way, same as I want the TC on the mustang. Off by default and only on when I press it

Agreed.

I guess since car manufacturers are under the gun to get CAFE up to 50+mpg, they're using every gas-saving trick they can in default mode. Afterall, Uncle Sam knows what's best for us. (/sarc) :baby:

white_dc

Reaction score
just some food for thought. There are a few slim aftermarket subwoofer options that actually fit behind the rear seat in the 2015+ SuperCrew. Depending on what sub/amp combo you use it will probably be cheaper than running the Kicker sub.