GEN 2 KlCKER Subwoofer 802A Package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Option 94K

800A listed as option
801A listed as option
802A shaded like all of the other included features.

Maybe I am missing something.
79431d1472665806t-klcker-subwoofer-802a-package-kicker2.jpg

Last edited:

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You actually might be right the more I dig. The order guide 7/18 shows its not included or an option for the 802A. A build sheet in excel built by a user here shows its included in the 802A. Another excel build sheet shows its not an option or included.

If your dealer said its not an option its most likely not an option. The order guide is more official than build sheets built by users.

Car and Drivers online config tool also shows the kicker sub not included in the 802A package so when you add the kicker sub option with the 802A it removes the 802A option.

So I was wrong, your dealer is most likely correct.

The 802A package does not come with the kicker sub.

Likely my spreadsheet and you're absolutely correct in that the official paperwork is far more to be believed than my spreadsheet. I'll fix it on my end but anyone that already has the spreadsheet will need to update it to correct my error.

My apologies for the error.

Respectfully,

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you go to Kickers website it says that neither of the vehicle specific options are compatible with Ford start stop option...wonder what that's about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Does anyone know how the Sony sub sounds compared to the Kicker?

The Sony sub in the gen1 did not compare to the kicker option imo.

Mesozoic

Reaction score
If you go to Kickers website it says that neither of the vehicle specific options are compatible with Ford start stop option...wonder what that's about?

The KICKER is only compatible with 2.7L EcoBoost® with start/stop feature because of its current draw and load on the vehicle's charging system.

That according to a local car audio tech. I didn't get into the weeds about the 3.5L system.

Plus, all KICKER installations require the dealer to program the OBD.

FWIW

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

The Sony sub in the gen1 did not compare to the kicker option imo.

The start/stop system was something that did not even dawn on me till I just read this but does make sense. The kicker sub normally is a 200w amp and unlike the sony crap actually draws power so I could see if someone was cranking it at a stop light that they could be concerned with it being an increased draw on the battery. Hate to see what it would be like for someone with a full system installed.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The start/stop system was something that did not even dawn on me till I just read this but does make sense. The kicker sub normally is a 200w amp and unlike the sony crap actually draws power so I could see if someone was cranking it at a stop light that they could be concerned with it being an increased draw on the battery. Hate to see what it would be like for someone with a full system installed.

The start/stop system monitors the battery and if the system detects the battery is about to run too low to start the vehicle the vehicle will start on its own. The truck and engineers are smart enough to not let you run out of battery sitting at a stop light or in traffic with start/stop activated.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The start/stop system monitors the battery and if the system detects the battery is about to run too low to start the vehicle the vehicle will start on its own. The truck and engineers are smart enough to not let you run out of battery sitting at a stop light or in traffic with start/stop activated.

Well that part is a no brainer but you would hope they monitor the load and not turn off the engine during heavy draw. Hell what does the truck do when you have 400watts of off road lights on when you are stopped or if you activate an air compressor.

Also just starting it back up each time the battery runs low seems like a really quick way to kill the battery and we all know the OEM battery is not that great. I hope they are oversizing the battery and adding a deep cycle one.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well that part is a no brainer but you would hope they monitor the load and not turn off the engine during heavy draw. Hell what does the truck do when you have 400watts of off road lights on when you are stopped or if you activate an air compressor.

Also just starting it back up each time the battery runs low seems like a really quick way to kill the battery and we all know the OEM battery is not that great. I hope they are oversizing the battery and adding a deep cycle one.

Id hope the truck wouldnt turn off at all when there is high draw detected. Not a hard fail safe to implement.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe you can set in the menu or a tune to disable auto start/stop crap. The added wear on the engine and starter alone is a reason to disable it.