GEN 2 Kicker vss help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jnsgator

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that the Kicker VGL3Z-18808-A is the one that comes stock with the truck if you add on the sub package.
Yes but I thought I read somewhere that the sub package add on was only available with the 801a equipment group. I'm looking to add it to the 802a equipment group.

Ownby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes but I thought I read somewhere that the sub package add on was only available with the 801a equipment group. I'm looking to add it to the 802a equipment group.

It is available to add on to either package (801a and 802a) when the truck is ordered. If not ordered with the truck, all versions already have the wiring there to connect to the sub but you will just need a ford dealership or someone with Forscan to turn it on and disable the fake engine noise.

jnsgator

Reaction score
It is available to add on to either package (801a and 802a) when the truck is ordered. If not ordered with the truck, all versions already have the wiring there to connect to the sub but you will just need a ford dealership or someone with Forscan to turn it on and disable the fake engine noise.

Really? Even if I already have the stock Sony Sub and will just swap it for the Kicker. The Sony sub is already getting the signal.

Ownby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? Even if I already have the stock Sony Sub and will just swap it for the Kicker. The Sony sub is already getting the signal.

You are completely correct. The 802a comes stock with the Sony sub. Only the 801a and 800a have the option to add the kicker sub from the factory. That's very interesting. I'm not 100% sure if you can just swap them out but I would guess not if there is no option to do it from the factory. I ordered my 801a when the order forms first came out so I never noticed you couldn't add the kicker to the 802a. I just recently installed the kicker which helped out the stock system a good amount.

Good luck figuring it all out.