GEN 2 Kicker vss help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mapleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the system installed. Just the sub only one. sometimes it work sometimes it doesn't. Called kicker said I need the one for start stop from ford. Has to be a way around this. Any body do this on there rap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Does the sub cut out when the truck is stopped and auto stop shuts the engine off?

If so, that’d to the Stereo cutting the signal to the sub when auto start / stop engages.

Check out my “added a sub” post or Guy’s upgrade for under $500 post for more details.
I’ll save you some reading, either run around in Sport mode, suppress stop/start by button, or you can get the dealer or Forscan to turn off the auto stop/start.

Now, if it’s cutting out when the engine is running, you got bad connections.

OP
OP
Mapleman

Mapleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have a 801a that didn't have the factory sub. I bought the kicker vss kit installed it. Even with the auto start stop shut off it sometimes doesn't work. When I called kicker he said it's the wrong kit for my truck. Said something about the signal from the head unit. But sometimes it works. I'm almost thinking that it needs to be turned on in forscan or something.

OP
OP
Mapleman

Mapleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I returned the kicker SF150SC15
And got the correct one from ford. VGL3Z-18808-A
This is the kit to get. One wire. the truck is already wired up for it. Has a connection right under the drivers side rear seat belt. Simple. Have to have the dealer turn it on or get your own forscan. Figure I would post if anybody else is in same boat.

Ownby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I returned the kicker SF150SC15
And got the correct one from ford. VGL3Z-18808-A
This is the kit to get. One wire. the truck is already wired up for it. Has a connection right under the drivers side rear seat belt. Simple. Have to have the dealer turn it on or get your own forscan. Figure I would post if anybody else is in same boat.

You happen to have a picture of where the wire harness is at under the drivers side rear seat belt. Some how I can't seem to find it.

ron.bumpus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine was a tap off the speakers which is under the driver seatbelt.
it NEVER cut off on me at all even with autostart / stop

OP
OP
Mapleman

Mapleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You happen to have a picture of where the wire harness is at under the drivers side rear seat belt. Some how I can't seem to find it.

Have you found it?? Which kit do u have. Go to the back seat. Drivers side. Pull off plastic where seat belt is. I never fully pulled mine off just popped it out and if you get a flashlight the connection is right there on floor

jnsgator

Reaction score
Has anyone just swapped the stock Sony subwoofer from the 802A equipment group with the Kicker VGL3Z-18808-A? I am planning to do this. Will I run into any compatibility issues?

Ownby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone just swapped the stock Sony subwoofer from the 802A equipment group with the Kicker VGL3Z-18808-A? I am planning to do this. Will I run into any compatibility issues?

I am pretty sure that the Kicker VGL3Z-18808-A is the one that comes stock with the truck if you add on the sub package.