Kicker speaker install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed all Kicker speakers in my 17 supercrew a cpl of wks ago and after listening for the better part of 2 wks I must say that the upgrade that was fairly inexpensive was worth every penny of what I spent because the results are nothing short of amazing. Here's a list of what I used. Huge shout out to Guy and Smurfslayer for their in-depth write ups and pics of their work because it made our job so much easier.

*Kicker powered sub #SF150SC15
*Kicker 6X9 3way #44KSC69304
*Kicker 6.5 2way #44KSC6504
*Kicker 3/4" tweeter #44KST2004
*Metra speaker adapters
*Dynamat inside the doors and on the sub unit.

Attachments

• KickerSF150SC15sub.jpg
    KickerSF150SC15sub.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG951731.jpg
    IMG951731.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG951740.jpg
    IMG951740.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG951736.jpg
    IMG951736.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s awesome. Could you tell a big difference between sony and kicker sub? I can’t even tell my sub is working other then putting my hand on it, also did you hear a major loss of bass in the front doors?

OP
OP
Digger

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s awesome. Could you tell a big difference between sony and kicker sub? I can’t even tell my sub is working other then putting my hand on it, also did you hear a major loss of bass in the front doors?

The Kicker sub is huge upgrade over the anemic stock Sony sub. We did the sub first and tested it and its very very noticeable so doing just the sub alone helps the entire system tremendously. Everything seemed to sound better with the Kicker sub alone. My next project is a JL clean sweep to clean up all of the sound and fine tune everything.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Nice! going from the stock 802A sub to the upgraded unit - plus dynamat on the enclosure nets you clean, crisp bass that really underpins the music well, and can dim out ugly bow ties in your rear view mirrors :)

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any cabin noises after re-installing the door panels and such ?

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Digger

You did this with an 802A?

That kicker soundstage works with it?

Also....

What’s this JL clean sweep and how do I use one? ;-)

QUOTE=Digger;1230988]I installed all Kicker speakers in my 17 supercrew a cpl of wks ago and after listening for the better part of 2 wks I must say that the upgrade that was fairly inexpensive was worth every penny of what I spent because the results are nothing short of amazing. Here's a list of what I used. Huge shout out to Guy and Smurfslayer for their in-depth write ups and pics of their work because it made our job so much easier.

*Metra speaker adapters
*Dynamat inside the doors and on the sub unit.[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
Digger

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Digger

You did this with an 802A?

That kicker soundstage works with it?

Also....

What’s this JL clean sweep and how do I use one? ;-)

QUOTE=Digger;1230988]I installed all Kicker speakers in my 17 supercrew a cpl of wks ago and after listening for the better part of 2 wks I must say that the upgrade that was fairly inexpensive was worth every penny of what I spent because the results are nothing short of amazing. Here's a list of what I used. Huge shout out to Guy and Smurfslayer for their in-depth write ups and pics of their work because it made our job so much easier.

*Metra speaker adapters
*Dynamat inside the doors and on the sub unit.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, my 17 has the 802A pkg and I had the same pkg with my 12 screw but I forget the number of that pkg. Anyways with my 12 I used all JL audio C3 speakers and JL tweeters. They were a huge upgrade over the ****** stock speakers. With the sub I just modified the housing and replaced the speaker with a higher end unit (totally forget which brand) and filled the enclosure with polyfill and it was noticeable but not a huge upgrade so I didn't want to go that route with my 17's sub. With my 17 and I have a MX buddy who's hooked up with Kicker and he got me everything including the sub for less than I paid for the JL stuff without a sub so that was a no brainer for me. Guy, yes the Kicker sub works perfect and while it's not going to rattle your windows it's WAY better than my 12's stock modded sub. Like I said in another post about a 802A sub question I think the issues if any were with the auto start/stop which I disabled when I loaded my MPT tunes. It looks like the JL Audio cleansweep has been replaced by units called FiX and Tweak. They work on cleaning up and tweaking the way OEM signal is delivered to your speakers. Someone can explain this way better than me :)

Massive difference between the stock sub and the Kicker sub. I didn't lose any bass but picked way more bass in the doors probably because of the size difference of the speakers themselves. With the stock system you really couldn't turn the volume past say 15 without having sound issues (and that's being kind). I can go right to 25 now and it's super clean and bright and has a ton of bass.

Last edited:

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe you can plug a laptop into the JL Tweak and tune it, a lot of the guys are just doing the FIX and having issues with sound because they aren’t doing both.