Just ordered the Tesla style radio for my Raptor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is one of the worst idea ever, just get an iphone and install carbridge or nxgplay and you can mirror the phone , no hardware to install and you can use any app on your ohone on the raptor screen...

This mod you have done is a disaster sorry to say

OP
OP
C

Carnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is one of the worst idea ever, just get an iphone and install carbridge or nxgplay and you can mirror the phone , no hardware to install and you can use any app on your ohone on the raptor screen...

This mod you have done is a disaster sorry to say

Not with the 4” screen/ base unit but you sure seem like an expert. I think it’s badass, and EVERYONE I’ve shown it to agrees. Since it’s my $$ and my truck I guess that entitles me to decide if it was a beneficial mod or not, and for $800 it’s awesome.
Beyond that it’s much more as it’s a full 12” display... I can have gps on half and whatever app I’d like on the other 1/2. It does a ton of things. Ie for highway travel you could display both Waze and the ****** live maps simultaneously while listening to Bluetooth music.

If I’d have spent the $$ on the ful 8” sync display I wouldn’t have done it.

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not with the 4” screen/ base unit but you sure seem like an expert. I think it’s badass, and EVERYONE I’ve shown it to agrees. Since it’s my $$ and my truck I guess that entitles me to decide if it was a beneficial mod or not, and for $800 it’s awesome.
Beyond that it’s much more as it’s a full 12” display... I can have gps on half and whatever app I’d like on the other 1/2. It does a ton of things. Ie for highway travel you could display both Waze and the ****** live maps simultaneously while listening to Bluetooth music.

If I’d have spent the $$ on the ful 8” sync display I wouldn’t have done it.

I hear you but i think the native 12 inch would have been a better purchase

OP
OP
C

Carnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. So that’s what makes this mod a “disaster”

FWIW, this is the only 12” screen I am aware of. The sync screen is 8”.

OP
OP
C

Carnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, here are some pics. 1st, the 20sec splash screen at startup:

nzBlg8p.jpg

Again, no delay for the reverse camera, and the guide lines move:

bH1FpoT.jpg

Navigation map:

HzX1WA5.jpg

App screen.... you can download whatever you’d like:

9EcaiTo.jpg

You can display front or rear cameras anytime:

Zs5Kbj1.jpg

Built in EQ:

4vSwtEu.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

I could post 100 more things....

doberer

Reaction score
I dig it...would like to know the negatives and how it works in the heat/cold sitting for a while - prior experience with a CarPC didn't do so hot in the cold climate.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m told it’s an “automotive rated” tablet. It’s designed for hot and cold.

QUOTE=doberer;1262130]I dig it...would like to know the negatives and how it works in the heat/cold sitting for a while - prior experience with a CarPC didn't do so hot in the cold climate.[/QUOTE]