JL Audio 8 inch micro sub +

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.jlaudio.com/acp108lg-w3v3-car-audio-microsub-amplified-subwoofer-systems-93330

Went to get tint done and asked about audio. Anybody have an experience with these ? He said replace the door speakers but keep the Sony amp running them but remove the Sony sub and this will fit behind the seats. With JL replacement door speakers and center speaker he quoted $1000 even installed. The sub sounds great in a sound room - most do.
Any thoughts ?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’ve been behind the seat of the 802A screw, IMO that’s going to be a tight fit. I modded the factory Sony box and put a kicker 8” at 300w. I’d consider a little more power, but I think I’m at the edge of the 8” sub’s capability.

That JL looks like a nice unit and not hatefully expensive. If it fits, it looks like a viable option to add some bass.

mahabali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does this go into the existing Sony sub enclosure or do they pull that whole thing out and put this box behind the seat? Just like the previous poster said, im not sure that would fit.

OP
OP
wweaver

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The installer said he put them in before behind the seats. They take the whole Sony box out. Not sure where they run power from if it has be a new lead off the battery or not. This is not at the top of my list of modifications but will give this a shot down the road I think, this sub plus JL audio co axial door speakers and the 3.5 center speaker installed for $1000 even seemed like a decent deal though.

Last edited:

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seeing how kicker is able to fit its 8" sub behind the seats in the 15+ F150's it can be made to fit if done right. On the Gen 1 we did not have as much room.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seeing how kicker is able to fit its 8" sub behind the seats in the 15+ F150's it can be made to fit if done right. On the Gen 1 we did not have as much room.

Interested to see how this works as I'm interested in a plug and play solution.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The installer said he put them in before behind the seats. They take the whole Sony box out. Not sure where they run power from if it has be a new lead off the battery or not. This is not at the top of my list of modifications but will give this a shot down the road I think, this sub plus JL audio co axial door speakers and the 3.5 center speaker installed for $1000 even seemed like a decent deal though.

If the installer can fit that box back there, that’s a good start. They could run 10 ga. from the inverter behind the seat. 4x door speakers, center speaker and the sub for 1k installed?

I’m starting to not like you very much:flipthebird:
<kidding>

that sounds like a pretty ok deal.

cmacclel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That box will not fit behind the rear seats and let you fully fold up the seats. I tried.....even took the carpet out and removed the speaker grill from the sub. I'm running the Pioneer shallow 10" under the rear seat and plan to add another. If I need to take my dog somewhere I will just take the subs out......takes 1 minute.