Ipod classic not responding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have an iPod classic and I generally leave it plugged into the truck. I've done this in my wife's Edge Sport with MFT and never had any issues.

However with the Raptor it seems that at least 3 times a week it will come up with "USB device has stopped responding" and when I unplug it the iPod is locked on the Ford screen and requires a reset to unlock it. I tried my wife's iPod and it does the same thing. I even did a full restore on the iPod and it did not fix the issue. It appears to be something related to Sync3.

Is anyone else having this issue? Do you know of a fix?

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
So I have an iPod classic and I generally leave it plugged into the truck. I've done this in my wife's Edge Sport with MFT and never had any issues.

However with the Raptor it seems that at least 3 times a week it will come up with "USB device has stopped responding" and when I unplug it the iPod is locked on the Ford screen and requires a reset to unlock it. I tried my wife's iPod and it does the same thing. I even did a full restore on the iPod and it did not fix the issue. It appears to be something related to Sync3.

Is anyone else having this issue? Do you know of a fix?

My guess crash is the iPod you're using is to outdated to work with sync 3 properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
crash457

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well still having issues...even after trying two different iPod classics and even a brand new 128GB iPod touch. The dealer says that can't find anything wrong. Any ideas?

mac_attack

Reaction score
I'm not using any Apple products, but I thought I would just throw this out there. Are you using the v2.2 for Sync 3? Maybe they put something in there that would help you?

OP
OP
crash457

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not using any Apple products, but I thought I would just throw this out there. Are you using the v2.2 for Sync 3? Maybe they put something in there that would help you?
I do not have the V2.2. The dealer checked for software updates and said it was the newest version since V2.2 hasn't been officially released yet. I suppose when it gets rolled out, we'll see. In the meantime, they only advice the dealer had was to unplug the iPod every time I park the truck. That's a stupid solution, because it has to index every time I get back in.

mac_attack

Reaction score
As easy as it is to do the update yourself I think it would be worth a shot. Not sure what all improvements they made, but I haven't seen anything I don't like since I updated to v2.2 either.

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm using a 5th gen iPod classic. I've had this happen once.
Another annoying thing I've found happening is when I start the truck, whatever track the iPod was playing will be on repeat.
Sync3 version 2.0. Have not tried using a different iPod. I can't stand using iTunes.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol... me too... I have one sitting in my drawer that I am trying to find some use for...