Integrated Off road GPS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsrick80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having a hard time justifying the installation of a permanently fixed lowrance GPS system. It appears to be dated, clunky, and redundant.

Has anyone found an APP that can be used for off-road, and works through the Sync 3 screen?

It would be great if Motion X, Mob armor, or lead navigation worked on our screen.

max_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can mirror your smart phone on your Sync 3 screen

One option is by a company called NAVIKS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I've always wondered why Ford didn't add some type of off-road nav capability to Raptors. I guess it would have just cost more than they wanted to spend to do it. Either that or it was just overlooked because everyone and their brother use Lowrance units for serious off-road work.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
If it was a perfect world, This GPS transceiver could link to my phone and android auto would display the app on the infotainment screen.

But since it isnt a perfect world, I have it linked to an ipad mini. I plan to buy the Mobarmor dash mount, work out a mounting plate to the recess on the dash and use that.

I have the mobarmor phone mount and another mobarmor magnetic mount that holds my Ngauge.

Mobarmor mounts seem to hold up just fine off road, although i have not jumped my gen2 yet, I'm confident that everything will stay where it needs to.

their app seems to be the most intuitive and easy to use. I'm marked out some routes locally through some areas where you need to stay on the levies and hardpack banks, or you'll end up wrestling with hogs and gators for your lunch while you wait for someone in a legit swamp truck to drag you out ( and hopefully before the tide comes in).

I've found that it is pretty damn accurate and i'm able to enter notes easily.

Last edited:

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I posted this request for Gaia on their request page. To have CarPlay / android support for their app.

When using Apple maps, the system uses the vehicle gps not the phone. If this was the case for Gaia, we could download the map data and positioning would be from the vehicle gps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk