I noticed that Waze is now a Navigation option on Android Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like Google maps, but on long trips I like to use Waze as it shows most cops, hazards, accidents, and traffic along my route. By chance while I was using Android Auto today, I noticed that it gave me the option to select either Google Maps or Waze as the AA navigation app. I tried Waze for the first time and it worked great.

I just thought I'd pass this info along to any Waze fans. You guys may have already been aware that Waze is now available with Android Auto, but I was not.

Last edited:

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like Google maps, but on long trips I like to use Waze as it shows most cops, hazards, accidents, and traffic along my route. By change while I was using Android Auto today, I noticed that it gave me the option to select either Google Maps or Waze as the AA navigation app. I tried Waze for the first time and it worked great.

I just thought I'd pass this info along to any Waze fans. You guys may have already been aware that Waze is now available with Android Auto, but I was not.
Since you have a gen 2 with Waze and stuff, does it let you report cops and wrecks through the screen or do you still have to do that off the phone?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you have a gen 2 with Waze and stuff, does it let you report cops and wrecks through the screen or do you still have to do that off the phone?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yes, you can report cops, accidents, ect using the radio screen. I reported a cop while we were driving home as a test, it worked.

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was disappointed that Apple Carplay didn't support waze, and even jailbroken there wasn't anyway to get it on the screen.

Hopefully this gives apple a kick in the right direction.