How to remove center channel on 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ray101381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a howto with pictures on how to pop the cover to replace the center channel on a 2018 with B&O? It looks like the it’s two pieces where the perforate screen is one piece and the the piece with the B&O logo is separate. I just don’t want to break anything thanks!

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone have a howto with pictures on how to pop the cover to replace the center channel on a 2018 with B&O? It looks like the it’s two pieces where the perforate screen is one piece and the the piece with the B&O logo is separate. I just don’t want to break anything thanks!

most likely the same as the 2017 to be honest...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmCY6wySde8&t

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Be careful with what you replace with...the 2018 B&O has a 4ohm speaker in there, not an 8ohm.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pioneer 3.5" in my video is 4ohm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But an 8ohm Sony speaker came out...that's the issue. You're taking out an 8ohm speaker that's a one-way/mid driver and replacing it with a 4ohm speaker that's a 2-way with a separate tweeter. It's going to be louder and brighter than what came out, affecting the soundstage, making it more forward/the center channel more pronounced than it was intended to be. If you like that sound, cool. But most folks don't, and most pros will remove it entirely for high-end installs. In the 2018 with B&O, the center is a 4ohm speaker, so the replacement with a 4ohm won't make as big a difference.

This was discussed later into the $500 upgrade thread and another of mine exclusively about the center channel replacement. I am having my speakers replaced Thursday with JBL GTOs, and, for now, am leaving the center channel as-is because it doesn't do much in the b&O, and will be overpowered even more with the lower-impedance JBLs.