How Much Can Fit Behind Seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigzaj

Reaction score
Title says it all, I want to upgrade stereo and do possibly 1x8" sub and 2 amps. I am hoping to keep it all behind the seat. How much can actually fit behind the back seat on the cab wall? Really looking to put together a stereo upgrade that does not impede under seat storage.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no one can answer your question because you have not indicated the model (SCAB or SCREW) or model year.

On the up side, there are quite a number of measuring devices commonly available to the consumer and you probably already own several.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The SCREW can take some extras behind the driver’s side. If you have the factory sub enclosure, you can bastardize it to fit a Kicker 8”. I’m pushing one to 300w and it’s a huge improvement. There’s also a shallow 10” sub box someone recently reported fitting, replacing the “factory” sub box. I think you could fit 2 amps back there, depending on the size footprint.

You don’t have a lot of depth though, keep that in mind.

Reaction score
I don't know about the newer trucks, but my '14 SCrew doesn't seems to be fairly well sealed up between the rear wall and seat back. Be careful about lack of ventilation for your amp(s).

evan9r

Reaction score
Do you have the link to the shallow 10" box?

The SCREW can take some extras behind the driver’s side. If you have the factory sub enclosure, you can bastardize it to fit a Kicker 8”. I’m pushing one to 300w and it’s a huge improvement. There’s also a shallow 10” sub box someone recently reported fitting, replacing the “factory” sub box. I think you could fit 2 amps back there, depending on the size footprint.

You don’t have a lot of depth though, keep that in mind.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not really concerned about additional stereo upgrades (can't hear crap anyway), but I can easily fit an AR, my M1A in a drag bag with several magazines and still have room for targets, ear pro, etc. Gen 1 Screw with rear seat back release installed.

thinkrevolutionx

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I asked something similar in the DIY under $500 thread with some examples.

Reaction score
Not really concerned about additional stereo upgrades (can't hear crap anyway), but I can easily fit an AR, my M1A in a drag bag with several magazines and still have room for targets, ear pro, etc. Gen 1 Screw with rear seat back release installed.

I had no idea this was a thing. Is yours made by BuiltRight or another company?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yup, now you know it’s a thing. and, the vendor has some pretty solid forum cred.