How to make the truck not "honk" when you get out of the truck with key on..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, that is an available function using FORScan. I've used it to:

Remove double honk on exit

Display values on my gauges

Disable the fake engine noise

Put heated steering wheel icon on home screen

Disable remote tailgate release

Disable door ajar alarm in PARK

Enable front window control from remote

Change panic alarm to 2 presses

Turn on amber markers with DRL

Lots of other functions available (auto fold mirrors, etc.)

Holy crap! I want almost all of those things! Are there warranty implications for making these changes via Forscan? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm new to Ford and don't know anything about Forscan.

On a side note, Forscan is a terrible name. If you mumble or inadvertently make the "a" sound like an "i", the conversation takes on a whole new direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With FORScan you can always return it to normal before going in for warranty work.... My guess is for most warranty work they won't notice your changes on FORScan unless it is related directly to the item being worked.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Were you able to use Forscan to prevent the truck from honking the horn when you get out with the key?

Yes. No double honk anymore... Not to mention Auto Start/Stop has been disabled. Very pleased with the changes I have done with FORScan.

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap! I want almost all of those things! Are there warranty implications for making these changes via Forscan? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm new to Ford and don't know anything about Forscan.

On a side note, Forscan is a terrible name. If you mumble or inadvertently make the "a" sound like an "i", the conversation takes on a whole new direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recommend you read at least the first few pages of this forum:
https://www.f150forum.com/f118/forscan-software-enable-disable-features-your-truck-348987/

It's really too long to read the whole thing, but the first few posts will get you started. It's pretty simple, once you buy the Bluetooth reader.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For what it's worth my Bluetooth Reader didn't work... got it on Amazon. Might have been my crappy Panasonic Toughbook also but have been happy with the USB Reader.

Worst thing about FORScan is that anytime you tell someone about it they think you said For-skin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a link to download the correct FORSCAN software and recommended USB OBD-II plug?

Thanks.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score