How do you add a sub to a 801a with no factory subwoofer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sbautz

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm curious how you go about adding s subwoofer to a stereo system with no sub. Most importantly, we're you take the rca connection from. Do most just tap off of the speaker wired into a signal box?

That Dude

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm curious how you go about adding s subwoofer to a stereo system with no sub. Most importantly, we're you take the rca connection from. Do most just tap off of the speaker wired into a signal box?

I bought and installed this: 2015-2017 F150 Kicker VSS Substage Powered Subwoofer Kit SF150SC15

It was definitely a huge improvement over the stock radio. I did not have the upgraded audio package. It comes with 2 wire taps and only took about an hour to install. I would call them to see if they have they can give you a better deal.

cmacclel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought and installed this: 2015-2017 F150 Kicker VSS Substage Powered Subwoofer Kit SF150SC15

It was definitely a huge improvement over the stock radio. I did not have the upgraded audio package. It comes with 2 wire taps and only took about an hour to install. I would call them to see if they have they can give you a better deal.

Where did you have to tap into the wires? and do you remember the colors? I'm assuming you tapped into the rear speakers.

Last edited:

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't tap into any wires, u just run 2 power wires into the engine bay.

Big improvement that's for sure