GEN 2 How do I mute navigation prompts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NHnewbie

Reaction score
I see in the manual that I can select between voice, tone, or voice + tone, but no "off." The prompts mute any music playing and are really annoying. I'd still like the flexibility to hear the prompts when the navigating gets challenging, but rely on the map only showing turns for routine use. I did some searching on the Forum and see that the volume of the prompts can be adjusted by changing the volume control when the prompt is occurring. Will this method allow reducing the volume to zero and avoid interruptions to the music? Or, is there a way to do this in Forscan without permanently disabling prompts?

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see in the manual that I can select between voice, tone, or voice + tone, but no "off." The prompts mute any music playing and are really annoying. I'd still like the flexibility to hear the prompts when the navigating gets challenging, but rely on the map only showing turns for routine use. I did some searching on the Forum and see that the volume of the prompts can be adjusted by changing the volume control when the prompt is occurring. Will this method allow reducing the volume to zero and avoid interruptions to the music? Or, is there a way to do this in Forscan without permanently disabling prompts?

Turning the volume down should do it. On my last vehicle, I couldn't hear the voice prompts and finally realized I needed to turn up the volume when the prompts were active.

OP
OP
N

NHnewbie

Reaction score
I see in the manual that I can select between voice, tone, or voice + tone, but no "off." The prompts mute any music playing and are really annoying. I'd still like the flexibility to hear the prompts when the navigating gets challenging, but rely on the map only showing turns for routine use. I did some searching on the Forum and see that the volume of the prompts can be adjusted by changing the volume control when the prompt is occurring. Will this method allow reducing the volume to zero and avoid interruptions to the music?

Found it! On the navigation map screen at the left side is a loudspeaker symbol. When audio prompts are enabled, this symbol depicts sound coming from the speaker. Touching this symbol places a red X in front of the speaker, mutes both tone and voice prompts, and ends interruptions to any music playing. No need to mess with the volume control except to set the desired audio level for prompts when they are enabled. The navigation map continues to display the selected route, turns, etc. Looked in the manual for something like this but never found it there.