How come 2017 Raptor stereo isn't LOUD ENOUGH?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

beyondjose

Reaction score
Thanks guys that was all very helpful! I guess I'm going to try and do new door speakers and subs and start there. Add amp if I have to after maybe? I need loud Metal blasting at all times... i'm not normal... and I probably need some sort of help!?! Hahaha \m/ --- yeah after selling my kids to get this NEW Raptor I thought the stereo system would destroy, but sad to say it doesn't and all your responses were right on! Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone. Actually, I should seek out cool TV show that wants to pimp my Raptor out and do some cool METAL stuff! All you see on TV on these type of shows are non-ROCK folks, screw that!? We need some ROCK representation on there! \m/\m/

EMPAC623

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nothing you can do except upgrade it. ford puts in a lot of restrictions with the audio system. everyone says the sony system is a pos, which it is, but its not entirely sonys fault. although sony is not known for their high end equipment (really non existent) they do make great budget equipment. however ford makes certain parameters that sony has to follow in order to keep their contract. unfortunately the sound quality and output are compromised. no matter who ford contracted for the audio system, im guessing it would be very similiar to what it is now. there are some options available and if you are interested, let me know

Im interested in some sound options you have. Where are you located?

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nothing you can do except upgrade it. ford puts in a lot of restrictions with the audio system. everyone says the sony system is a pos, which it is, but its not entirely sonys fault. although sony is not known for their high end equipment (really non existent) they do make great budget equipment. however ford makes certain parameters that sony has to follow in order to keep their contract. unfortunately the sound quality and output are compromised. no matter who ford contracted for the audio system, im guessing it would be very similiar to what it is now. there are some options available and if you are interested, let me know
Do you believe that the 2018 B&O sound option will also be heavily restricted and whatnot?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sorry my mistake literally missed the same comment!

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Do you believe that the 2018 B&O sound option will also be heavily restricted and whatnot?

Sorry my mistake literally missed the same comment!
Sorry about that I glanced over the comment on the first page and missed it! That's what I expected to hear but hoped not as GM is ahead of the game with their Bose systems.

RobertH6657

Reaction score
Hey i too am experiencing sound quality issues with my new 17' Raptor Screw SONY Stereo. Compared to my 11' Limited Screw, the Raptor's System sounds horrible. I have the 802A Package. I have messed around with the Bass, Midrange and Treble levels....a lot. I cannot get it to sound nearly as rich as the 11' F-150 Limited I had. Guys, my daughters Base level 15' S Fusion sounds better than the Raptor. I am not kidding. Is there something I am missing on how to adjust the stereo? Feedback please.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2018 sound is okay, loudness not bad, clarity is fine, lacks base, the harman kadron in my bmw is better, but im not an audiophile so its fine

RaptoRyan

Reaction score
Hey i too am experiencing sound quality issues with my new 17' Raptor Screw SONY Stereo. Compared to my 11' Limited Screw, the Raptor's System sounds horrible. I have the 802A Package. I have messed around with the Bass, Midrange and Treble levels....a lot. I cannot get it to sound nearly as rich as the 11' F-150 Limited I had. Guys, my daughters Base level 15' S Fusion sounds better than the Raptor. I am not kidding. Is there something I am missing on how to adjust the stereo? Feedback please.

Yeah you adjust it by throwing some JL Audio's in a custom box with about 600 additional watts...
Your complaints will disappear

Attachments

• IMG_1214.jpg
    IMG_1214.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1210.jpg
    IMG_1210.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 44