Horrible Radio Reception

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody else having horrible radio reception issues? I had a shop do the wiring for my fog lights and my radio reception has become horrible. Is there something that I can easily check that might have become disconnected when they wired the fog lights? Everything seems to be okay at the antenna. It isn't like I can't pick up anything, but I lose reception on quite a few channels in areas where nobody else has issues.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody else having horrible radio reception issues? I had a shop do the wiring for my fog lights and my radio reception has become horrible. Is there something that I can easily check that might have become disconnected when they wired the fog lights? Everything seems to be okay at the antenna. It isn't like I can't pick up anything, but I lose reception on quite a few channels in areas where nobody else has issues.

Check to make sure all the wires from your install are a decent distance away from your antenna and or antenna cable. If upfitters were used this may be your issue due to the upfitter wires close proximity to the antenna.

OP
OP
J

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check to make sure all the wires from your install are a decent distance away from your antenna and or antenna cable. If upfitters were used this may be your issue due to the upfitter wires close proximity to the antenna.

I never thought about that. I will do some checking/testing and report back. It would be great if that fixes the issue. Thanks for your help!!!