GEN 2 Full-Race Intercooler: Adaptive Cruise Control Sensor Error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
i Was getting same thing with my ADD kit, threw codes for accident avoidance and disabled addaptive cruise. Offroad shop that did the install finally took it to ford dealer themselves and they rerouted the harness and realigned, no issues so far since.

OP
OP
Clockton

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pad was making contact with the back of the grill and that appears to indeed be the cause of the fault messages. The easy fix is to loosen the 6 bolts that hold the grill in place and push it to the side and see if that gives you the clearance you need. There are few millimeters you can play with.

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 here. Same problem. just installed last week. I will have to go look and see if the pad is making contact. Certainly, as shown in some of the above pics, the upper left corner of the pad is obstructed by the part of the grill bezel that bumps down to house the marker lights. My tech told be there were two relo brackets. I assume that is one from ADD and one from Full Race. He said he used the one that fit best, but I am not sure which one that was, and obviously may not be the one that provides the least obstruction of the sensor pad.

OP
OP
Clockton

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 here. Same problem. just installed last week. I will have to go look and see if the pad is making contact. Certainly, as shown in some of the above pics, the upper left corner of the pad is obstructed by the part of the grill bezel that bumps down to house the marker lights. My tech told be there were two relo brackets. I assume that is one from ADD and one from Full Race. He said he used the one that fit best, but I am not sure which one that was, and obviously may not be the one that provides the least obstruction of the sensor pad.

I have the Full-race and the range of possible adjustment isn't great. The ADD bracket looks better

Sensor Alignment
The sensor is to be leveled vertically by placing a level on the face and adjusting bracket to make level. The horizontal alignment should be done with the Ford IDS but that should be square as well.

Grill install
Make sure the grill isn't touching the sensor. With the six bolts that hold the grill in place push the grill to the side so you have the required clearance and then tighten. If that doesn't get the clearance you will need to shave some of the plastic off of the rear portion of the grill.

Muska

Reaction score
I fixed mine just by leveling the face and using forscan to re-calibrate. Only calibrated once I was on the freeway following a semi truck. All good since [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like these intercooler mods have caused all kinds of issues with users. Enough where I'll wait for more bugs to be ironed out even though I want a winch installed in front.