GEN 2 Full-Race Intercooler: Adaptive Cruise Control Sensor Error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting collision sensor, and cruise control errors/malfunction with the Full-Race intercooler relocation kit. Anyone having the same issues?

Attachments

• IMG_6399.jpg
    IMG_6399.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_6397.jpg
    IMG_6397.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_6396.jpg
    IMG_6396.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 107

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
keep the truck stock.

to answer the phones question on "what should i do"
the problem is the aftermarket intercooler. remove it and im sure your problem will go away.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am getting collision sensor, and cruise control errors/malfunction with the Full-Race intercooler relocation kit. Anyone having the same issues?
on my ADD relo kit i had to adjust down just a little to pick up small prius type cars. i didnt get that error you got in fordpass app. that seems something different. either way you have a cable issue or its pointed at a bad angle.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
sounds like either the plug tot he sensor or the little extension harness got messed up during the install.

I'm not getting any of those errors on my truck ( with the FR CAC)

Muska

Reaction score
I get the same error on my truck occasionally. I’m pretty confident I just need to go and move it around a bit. Was fine then hand to make the intercooler perfectly level due to OCD and it’s been a little messed up ever since. Let me know if you determine the fix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Clockton

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Full race thinks that the pad might be touching the grill and that contact is causing the errors.

venomblue22

Reaction score
On a pretty consistent basis when ever we have a car that has been in an accident these sensors have to be aimed and align with targets (I work at a body shop up in illinois) Big process on audis/vws. on fords,chevys,chryslers,toyotas and hondas etc, its typically less labor intensive but if they are no aligned correctly to the targets, they throw all types of codes and even if they don't throw a code, if the alignment is off and you get in a situation where the sensor is needed it may not work.
My suggestion to anyone who uses a relocation kit or has removed these for any reason is to atleast have the dealer, or a mobile diagnostics company come out and atleast confirm the sensor is aligned and calibrated correctly just for a piece of mind.