Fordpass and Sync issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all.
Fordpass guides have not been very helpful with my problem so far and it as level 2 help but I am trying to see if anyone has had this happen.

Everytime I try to activate my sync connect on ford pass, I get a 401 error and to call the guides.

I have master reset the nav unit multiple times. Deleted vehicle and re added.
Deleted fordpass app and readded it.

Tried a different phone entirely.

Does anyone know if its possible to reset the modem without taking the dash apart or maybe AT&T can reset it possibly?

Thanks.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I don’t know about resetting the modem, but you can at least get the esn via the screen menu. I was able to activate and use the app, so I took a look around, unfortunately I struck out. The closest I think I got was

Fordpass stopped working - 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 Ford Escape Forum

I also stumbled upon a thread in which someone said they installed the accuweather app and the ford pass app started working <-- hey, it’s on the internet, so it has to be true.

Does the phone have solid signal when you activate or try?

OP
OP
Micha

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know about resetting the modem, but you can at least get the esn via the screen menu. I was able to activate and use the app, so I took a look around, unfortunately I struck out. The closest I think I got was

Fordpass stopped working - 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 Ford Escape Forum

I also stumbled upon a thread in which someone said they installed the accuweather app and the ford pass app started working <-- hey, it’s on the internet, so it has to be true.

Does the phone have solid signal when you activate or try?

Yes it does. The truck is out in the open and everything. Thanks for the link. I love the truck minus this one problem.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's really frustrating. Sorry to hear you are having that problem.

I loaded up ford pass. I added my truck and it worked. I then enabled maps and that worked as well after 24 hours as it stated.

I'm not a technical whiz or a computer expert. The fact that you tried all the above steps tells me you properly installed the app and did what you are supposed to do... the fact that it isn't working makes me think there is a problem with the hardware or software on the truck that is going to require a Ford dealer repair/replace kind of thing.

Just my thoughts...

Guy

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was having the same issues and at one point it was tell me my VIN wasnt a Ford vin. It was doing this for 2 days (since I picked it up) and then randomly last night it worked. I was getting the 401 error, then a 502 error, then last night I was bored and tried again after 2 days of the same thing and it worked.

I called ford pass guides too and they had to escalate the issue to their engineers who havent gotten back to me yet . But it works now so thats fine by me.

OP
OP
Micha

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was having the same issues and at one point it was tell me my VIN wasnt a Ford vin. It was doing this for 2 days (since I picked it up) and then randomly last night it worked. I was getting the 401 error, then a 502 error, then last night I was bored and tried again after 2 days of the same thing and it worked.

I called ford pass guides too and they had to escalate the issue to their engineers who havent gotten back to me yet . But it works now so thats fine by me.

Yeah I came in here to post this.

Mine started working randomly last night too. Called fordpass and they didn't know anything of course.

HulkSmash23

Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm seeing the 401 error as well. Hopefully it will resolve itself in a day or two.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you can do a reset on Sync

push the power button and right-seek button at the same time - hold down for 5 seconds and the system will reboot