Ford Raptor airbag/seatbelt light on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tossty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have this problem for the last 4 days. The light came on suddenly while I was driving. Is been on even that I disconnected the battery for at least 1 hour while checking under the seats for loose connection and seatbelts. I disconnected all connections under the driver and passenger seats and sprayed some electrical connector cleaner and connected everything back again. Connected the battery and the airbag/seatbelt light came on again. My Raptor is a 2013 Super Crew USDM. If somebody had this issue before and knows what is the fix for this besides taken the vehicle to the dealer I would appreciated. My Ford dealer is about one hour drive from my location but if I have no other options I will have to make that trip to them. I did look around this forum to see if anybody had this problem before but I did not find anything. Thanks in advance for the advice.

I am including a picture of the yellow light for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_0096.JPG
    IMG_0096.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 114

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
aiirbag module going rogue?

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

aiirbag module going rogue? can you scan it?

D

Deleted member 12951

Because you disconnected the module for the seat belt that is causing this. I did the same thing. I had a shop turn it off when they were doing an alignment so there is a way to do it without having to go to the dealer.

Should of disconnected the battery before unplugging under the seat.

Last edited by a moderator:

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it was going on and off I would say it's a clock spring. On my truck it would come on after driving for a bit then reset each time I cycled the ignition. No code was stored but was traced to that clock spring. I would say it is that module the other guys mentioned.

OP
OP
T

tossty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for the inputs. Found a friend that does have a scanner that checks Air Bags ans SRS system. He will stop by today to see if there is any code that we can retrieve. As a note, I did disconnect the battery and pressed the stop pedal 3 times before I took a look under the seats connections. Will post results of the scan today and hopes it find something there that I guest will be my next trip to the dealer to have that fix. My Raptor only has almost 13,000 miles but it is 3 years so I guess there is no warranty that covers that repair now.

OP
OP
T

tossty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I mentioned this morning, my friend stopped by and was able to use the scanner and pulled the code. The code is B1211, Ford SRS Electronic Instrument Cluster Switch Bank Number 2 Circuit Failure. Looks the trip to the Ford dealer have to be made.

Attachments

• IMG_0117.JPG
    IMG_0117.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 110
OP
OP
T

tossty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Went today for my appointment at the Ford dealer and since my Raptor is out of warranty since Dic 03 supposedly the diagnostic would be $85.00 plus labor and parts. But thanks God there is a recall regarding my issue "Drivers Seat Belt Retractor Pretensioner) and Ford will pick up the expenses. :favorites37: Not bad for something that I knew will be few hundred dollars.

Last edited: