****** Max 360 Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ahallada

Reaction score
Just wanted to give people a heads up on this radar detector I just got and I'm hardwiring tomorrow to the fuse box with a smart cord for muting the sound. This radar detector comes with a strong suction mount that can mount up under the mirror on my Gen 2 Raptor and it feels pretty stable and strong. No need for a 3rd party mirror mount like Blendmount. It looks really good and clean too. I have a mirror mount for a back up if I need one though.

Any thoughts? Will it last?

Attachments

• IMG_1519.JPG.jpg
    IMG_1519.JPG.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sadly it wont last there, even with no offroad... one temperature cycle and you will find that falling off ( if interior sensor is active, your alarm triggered middle of the night too ;) ), can attest to this on multiple occasions

Mirror tap is clean, but i too like the lower tapped source as you can then run a smartcord box to discretely cut power/mute/block etc. little more wire tuck work, but worth it to me

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My V1 stayed stuck for 10+ years in my old truck using the two suction cups on the factory bracket. It sat outside all day through below 0 winters and 100+ summers. I'd pull it down every year or so to clean the glass then re-stick it. OTOH, the one in my Mustang will fall off every few months just sitting in the garage. Weird.

That's the ****** with the directional arrows like the V1, right? If you can't beat em, join em.

OP
OP
A

ahallada

Reaction score
My V1 stayed stuck for 10+ years in my old truck using the two suction cups on the factory bracket. It sat outside all day through below 0 winters and 100+ summers. I'd pull it down every year or so to clean the glass then re-stick it. OTOH, the one in my Mustang will fall off every few months just sitting in the garage. Weird.

That's the ****** with the directional arrows like the V1, right? If you can't beat em, join em.

Yes with more cool gadgets like built in GPS and Bluetooth to sync with the phone and integrates with the ****** Live App for speed cams, light cams, and speed traps etc.. Can be upgraded while mounted (no need to send in for updates). Programming is a breeze now using the phone app. It syncs with my phone when it's started up. I like that the phone can be used to mute the Max 360 so I really don't need the smart cord. I don't know where I would have mounted the smart cord anyways that would have given me better access than just hitting the mute button on the Max 360 or my phone. I mounted the phone just to the right of the steering wheel so it's really close and I can use the ****** Live app in the background with the Waze app in the foreground at the same time. Nothing beats laser better than knowing where they are sitting.

So far this radar detector is all it is hyped up to be with better range than my old ****** 8500 X50. I have the new Uniden R1 installed in another vehicle. It's supposed to give the furthest detection now on Ka band, but it's not as cool as the Max 360 and no directional arrows. The Max 360 just looks like it belongs in the Raptor. It's a beast.

Attachments

• IMG_1529-1.jpg
    IMG_1529-1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 76
  • ****** Max 360.jpg
    ****** Max 360.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
OP
OP
A

ahallada

Reaction score
The Raptor Cockpit :)

Attachments

• Raptor Cockpit.jpg
    Raptor Cockpit.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Raptor Cockpit :)

That actually looks pretty good. I have the mirror tap and a blend mount. I think that the blend mount hides the device a little better but not much. Your method might actually be more stable while going off road. My blend mount bounces so much that I have to take off the radar detector.

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to give people a heads up on this radar detector I just got and I'm hardwiring tomorrow to the fuse box with a smart cord for muting the sound. This radar detector comes with a strong suction mount that can mount up under the mirror on my Gen 2 Raptor and it feels pretty stable and strong. No need for a 3rd party mirror mount like Blendmount. It looks really good and clean too. I have a mirror mount for a back up if I need one though.

Any thoughts? Will it last?

holly smokes I just read up on this Radar is it really as good as they say? they being ****** the company?
they will pay for ticket if you get one? thats pretty confident of them I like that. the technology they claim in that lil box is cool.