GEN 2 Doors rattling from the bass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, inside the door skins and inner panel. I also use 1/4" Dynaliner inside the plastic door panels...really helps quiet things down! Also pretty much anywhere I can access inside the cab. If you're going to go this route, get the Dynamat Extreme Bulk pack, save money and you'll always have it on hand.

What’s the purpose of the dynaliner? From what I could tell it just for thermal insulation?

So you stuck dynamat all over the outer metal door frame and dynaliner to the plastic shell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s the purpose of the dynaliner? From what I could tell it just for thermal insulation?

So you stuck dynamat all over the outer metal door frame and dynaliner to the plastic shell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I do is peel off the plastic water shield (under the door panel) and reach inside to apply Dynamat to the inside of the door skin. You notice Ford has <some> in there but only a very small amount. I apply it everywhere I can reach. Really helps quiet down road noise and I also apply to the door (frame) before reapplying the water shield. Then I apply dynamat/dynaliner to the inside areas of the plastic door panel (especially around the speaker and the lower door panel areas). No scientific evidence, but I do believe it helps quiet things down. Wear leather gloves to avoid cutting your hands on sharp door edges and the Dynamat. Be sure and get their roller as well...

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you can see the dynamat inside my door here - like above, i peeled back the vapor barrier

also note the speaker hole - I cover the hole, then slice the dynamat like a pizza into 8 slices,
2BHzO5v.jpg

then push the dynamat through the hole and it covers both the front and back of teh speaker opening :)

zqbceDl.jpg