GEN 2 Doors rattling from the bass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems to be only a certain frequency range, but it happens often. Anyone else’s truck do this?

Super annoying. 2017 Scab 802A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't worry, boys. If your music is loud enough to rattle the doors, then it's plenty loud enough to degrade your hearing and you will shortly be unable to hear the doors rattle. This little problem is going to solve itself.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
did you guys just here the geeze alarm sounding? :biggrin:

@Ruger is r. he’s ri. well, he’s got a poi...

man. i just can’t bring myself to type that.

hearing loss is cumulative and irrecoverable. Although at the volumes you’re seeing with the muted 25w rms of the Sony/ B&O amps and speakers, the tweeters are probably causing the hearing damage for you.

But that’s another topic. So is why the geeze alarm was sounding.

if you pull the door panels, the speakers can loosen up against their mount points. check out @Guy’s stereo for under $500 thread, I think he used some kind of gunk on his mount points to minimize that rattling sound.

I didn’t, so I get a bit of buzzing too.

OP
OP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, boys. If your music is loud enough to rattle the doors, then it's plenty loud enough to degrade your hearing and you will shortly be unable to hear the doors rattle. This little problem is going to solve itself.

This happens with the volume at, like, 10.... not loud by any means.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

did you guys just here the geeze alarm sounding? :biggrin:

@Ruger is r. he’s ri. well, he’s got a poi...

man. i just can’t bring myself to type that.

hearing loss is cumulative and irrecoverable. Although at the volumes you’re seeing with the muted 25w rms of the Sony/ B&O amps and speakers, the tweeters are probably causing the hearing damage for you.

But that’s another topic. So is why the geeze alarm was sounding.

if you pull the door panels, the speakers can loosen up against their mount points. check out @Guy’s stereo for under $500 thread, I think he used some kind of gunk on his mount points to minimize that rattling sound.

I didn’t, so I get a bit of buzzing too.

Any idea where that post was made? I’ve read probably the first 20 pages and haven’t come across that yet. Got some more reading to do I guess.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put some Dynamat in the doors. That should help a lot. I used to have a Tremor and did that. Made a big difference. I put it on both the outer door skin and on the inside behind the door panel. I removed the speaker first so it was installed onto the Dynamat when I put it back in.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I think you're mostly joking, but it's the higher frequencies and high-volume drone that damage hearing, not the mid-volume mid-bass from the door speakers that should not make a door buzz.