Dash cam recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pctony

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I live in the Bay Area, and if anyone else has experienced the driving around here they will know it is erratic at best. I have had a few close calls. and want to have that evidence as and when needed.

- I’d like to find a front and rear view.
- as high quality as possible
- I’m unsure if I want memcard or cloud (is there a combo option?)
- has to be hardwired, cannot stand cables all over the place day to day.

Pikser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BlackVue's DR900S

I'm using the BlackVue's DR900S duel cam. Has memory card and cloud.
Works great !

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I'm using a thinkware F800Pro dual camera. It also has a memory card and cloud.

I'm happy with it. It also calls out speed cams and is GPS enabled.

Ckhris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blackvue or Thinkware are the most popular. Dont be suckered into the cloud feature, both platforms suck on cloud, slow and pretty much useless. All the new ones have it just dont let that be a reason for ur choice.
I have the blackvue 750, reason I went with blackvue was it records in higher temps than the thinkware. I live in Texas and you can almost spontaniously combust in our summer heat.

bonehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blackvue or Thinkware are the most popular. Dont be suckered into the cloud feature, both platforms suck on cloud, slow and pretty much useless. All the new ones have it just dont let that be a reason for ur choice.
I have the blackvue 750, reason I went with blackvue was it records in higher temps than the thinkware. I live in Texas and you can almost spontaniously combust in our summer heat.

My only hesitation in getting one. Those windshields can get mighty hot here in TX. I've fried radar detectors before. How has it held up with during the summer?

LVsFINEST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody mount theirs to the windshield and then have issues with the sonar on adaptive cruise? I know if i merely hang my parking permit from my rearview the sonar goes haywire (truck thinks there's an obstacle and slams on the brakes, it's dangerous). I don't want that to happen with a dash cam.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I run a go pro at the top of the windshield, between sun visor and mirror on the driver’s side, no issues.