CarPlay set iPhone ringer automatically to full high

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Anyone else's iPhone ringer gets automatically set to full blast when connecting to CarPlay? Is there a setting where I can adjust this?

07_S3VA

Reaction score
Mine does it also. Haven't been able to get a straight answer if there is any fix.

OneBadSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had mine go to full volume most of the time, but on occasion it goes to minimum instead. I have not been able to find a way to stop it, so I just try to catch it right after I unlock my phone to start CarPlay and the ringer volume pops up on the phone. Not ideal, but will do for now.

thetasigma1186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine did that too. On your iPhone, go to Settings>Sounds. Turn off Change with Buttons. This worked for me! f1c7f39c2a1932c5072d4260322b31f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't noticed that in mine but my phone remembers the volume with different devices, when I have my Bluetooth headset on it's full volume and when I switch to Earbuds it changes to where I had them at.