Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.


Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2]

Car Stereo speaker harness adapter for B&O


This is a discussion on Car Stereo speaker harness adapter for B&O within the Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
I can't find the thread now either here or on f-150 forums, but someone identified the speaker harness on the ...


User Tag List

Like Tree8Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2018, 05:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Car Stereo speaker harness adapter for B&O
I can't find the thread now either here or on f-150 forums, but someone identified the speaker harness on the B&O system and it was something really strange like an Audi or a SAAB. I also don't remember if it was Scosche or Metra or what. Does anyone remember what it was or where the thread was? Pictures attached.
Attached Thumbnails
speaker-plug1.jpg   speaker-plug2.jpg   speaker-plug3.jpg  

BBLV likes this.




gijosh28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 05:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member

 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Age: 28
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
I contacted Molex and they identified the male mate to this connector but it is an oem designed piece so that male side is made to mate to a pci board. I have both plugs ordered. As soon as I can confirm they are correct, I will post the part numbers. They will be plug and play but you will have to build the harness for your application.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BBLV likes this.
dhmcfadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Newport Beach
Age: 34
Posts: 133
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Curious what you're trying to accomplish here? Running high level signal to a processor (Fix, etc)?


__________________
2018 Raptor | SuperCrew | Lead Foot
BBLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default
Originally Posted by BBLV View Post
Curious what you're trying to accomplish here? Running high level signal to a processor (Fix, etc)?

No, being lazy. I don't want to run new speaker wires.
gijosh28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
 
cayenne's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor, CO
Posts: 351
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by gijosh28 View Post
No, being lazy. I don't want to run new speaker wires.
If you are installing higher quality speakers with an amp and ultimately higher power you should just run new speaker wire. Cross-reference the OEM wire AWG vs what power you will be running.


__________________
GONE - 2012 Silver SCrew

GONE - 2014 Roush Ruby Red SE SCrew

2017 Lightning Blue SCrew
cayenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member

 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Age: 28
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by cayenne View Post
If you are installing higher quality speakers with an amp and ultimately higher power you should just run new speaker wire. Cross-reference the OEM wire AWG vs what power you will be running.
I can agree with OP. Running new wire through the molex connectors in the doors is a pain in the ass.

The factory speaker wiring is 18 awg and 20 awg depending on the channel. You can run 16 ft of 18 awg @ 4 ohm and 10 ft of 20 gauge @ 4 ohm before you experience any ill side effects. As long as the wire resistance is less than 5% of the nominal speaker impedance, there will not be a difference in speaker output even when using an oscilloscope. The factory wire is fine.
Wolfeman likes this.
dhmcfadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default
Originally Posted by dhmcfadin View Post
I can agree with OP. Running new wire through the molex connectors in the doors is a pain in the ass.

The factory speaker wiring is 18 awg and 20 awg depending on the channel. You can run 16 ft of 18 awg @ 4 ohm and 10 ft of 20 gauge @ 4 ohm before you experience any ill side effects. As long as the wire resistance is less than 5% of the nominal speaker impedance, there will not be a difference in speaker output even when using an oscilloscope. The factory wire is fine.
So, the front speakers I am installing are 2ohm, and the amp is rated at 200 watts into a 2 ohm load, so I guess I do need to re-wire. What gauge speaker wire should I run?

So, if I am running the 1/0 power down the passenger side of the truck, do I need to run speaker wire up the drivers side, and cross over to the passenger side for the front passenger speaker? Or can I run the passenger speaker wire with the power wire? I know you're not supposed to run RCAs with the power wire.

Last edited by gijosh28; 06-14-2018 at 11:49 PM.
gijosh28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member

 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Age: 28
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by gijosh28 View Post
So, the front speakers I am installing are 2ohm, and the amp is rated at 200 watts into a 2 ohm load, so I guess I do need to re-wire. What gauge speaker wire should I run?

So, if I am running the 1/0 power down the passenger side of the truck, do I need to run speaker wire up the drivers side, and cross over to the passenger side for the front passenger speaker? Or can I run the passenger speaker wire with the power wire? I know you're not supposed to run RCAs with the power wire.
I have never experienced an issue running speaker wire and power and ground near each other. 9 times out of 10, any engine noise that is heard is due to a ground issue and generally easily remedied. RCA's is a different story in my opinion.

Check out this chart. It follows the 5% rule I spoke about above. Then you can go measure your lines and see what you need.
Attached Thumbnails
screen-shot-2018-06-14-10.49.36-pm.png  
SilverBolt and eclou like this.
dhmcfadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: DFW
Age: 57
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by dhmcfadin View Post
I can agree with OP. Running new wire through the molex connectors in the doors is a pain in the ass.

The factory speaker wiring is 18 awg and 20 awg depending on the channel. You can run 16 ft of 18 awg @ 4 ohm and 10 ft of 20 gauge @ 4 ohm before you experience any ill side effects. As long as the wire resistance is less than 5% of the nominal speaker impedance, there will not be a difference in speaker output even when using an oscilloscope. The factory wire is fine.
Except it's not about SQ - it's about proper wire size for the current being carried so that the truck doesn't catch on fire. If you add an amp, but you never "crank it" you're probably good with factory wiring. Depending upon the wattage an aftermarket amp puts out and how loud you listen to it will affect whether you need to rewire. I always err on the side of "don't burn my truck up." P=VI is a law - and so is the amount of I that a given awg size will carry without overheating.
grumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 01:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member

 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Age: 28
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by grumble View Post
Except it's not about SQ - it's about proper wire size for the current being carried so that the truck doesn't catch on fire. If you add an amp, but you never "crank it" you're probably good with factory wiring. Depending upon the wattage an aftermarket amp puts out and how loud you listen to it will affect whether you need to rewire. I always err on the side of "don't burn my truck up." P=VI is a law - and so is the amount of I that a given awg size will carry without overheating.


I think itís also important to note that chart is extremely conservative. While I agree with you that with enough wattage, you can melt a wire by creating too much resistance, itís not a realistic concern at this level. He is going to upgrade anyways due to his speaker resistance being 2 ohm so itís not an issue.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dhmcfadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SPD adapter Ericgulf Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2] 1 07-15-2017 08:35 PM
Light bar adapter? dtt255 Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] 2 10-02-2016 08:33 PM
Installed OEM HIDs and adapter harness, no high beams? ljn21 Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum [GEN 1] 7 07-20-2015 03:58 PM
HID Adapter Harness ljn21 Garage Sale 2 09-22-2014 10:05 AM
Speaker adapter tips - cutting boards IPACA9 Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 1] 23 01-31-2013 11:53 AM



GM Truck Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
Dodge Ram Forum
Chevy Cobalt Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
FJ Cruiser Forum
Ford Truck Forum
88-98 GM Truck Forum
73-87 Gm Truck Forum
Ford Expedition Forum
Chevy Equinox Forum
Chevy Cruze Forum
Jeep Liberty Forum
Jeep Forum
Dodge Ram SRT10 Forum
Chrysler 200 Forum
Scion xD Forum
Scion xB Forum
Dodge Challenger Forum
SRT Forum
Nissan Titan Forum
Buick Enclave Forum
Land Rover Forum
Scion FR-S Forum
TRD Forum
Central US Mopars
Southeast Mopars
Cadillac CTS Forum
Oklahoma Dodge Ram Club
Softball Forum