Bigger inverter in stock location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would the wiring to the outlets support it?

I'd love to know, but probably not?

I personally don't care as much if the outlets in the car can carry the load, as much as whether the wiring into the inverter can support higher wattage. Said another way, I am happy to just use the power outlet that's right on the inverter (aftermarket inverters have 1-2 outlets right on them), instead of wanting to use the outlets in the car, when running higher draw items.

What I want to do is just drop a 2000W inverter in there, similar to this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UXM6F22/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

and use it to run a Keurig or Microwave when I go overlanding. Or run some tire warmers at the race track in a pinch in case my generator is being used for something else.

Do folks think that's possible?

NDO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like an inverter that big would be drawing 150-200 amps at 12v, so the 10 ga wiring there would definitely not handle it.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We will read about one of these trucks burnt to a crisp If someone without proper electrical knowledge starts quadrupling the inverter wattage.

What exactly do you want to run that won't run on 400?

I'm fine with 400 and I understand how to replace one safely, just isn't worth the trouble.

Be warned, this stuff is NOT plug and play.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I'd love to know, but probably not?

I personally don't care as much if the outlets in the car can carry the load, as much as whether the wiring into the inverter can support higher wattage. Said another way, I am happy to just use the power outlet that's right on the inverter (aftermarket inverters have 1-2 outlets right on them), instead of wanting to use the outlets in the car, when running higher draw items.

What I want to do is just drop a 2000W inverter in there, similar to this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UXM6F22/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

and use it to run a Keurig or Microwave when I go overlanding. Or run some tire warmers at the race track in a pinch in case my generator is being used for something else.

Do folks think that's possible?

Short answer, no. I ran a 2500 watt on my boat. It was supplied by a bank of batteries and wired with #00 cable.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Thanks. That's a bummer. Would have been a sweet little upgrade and entirely too easy if it would have worked.

Last edited: