Best Security System for 2017 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I had a previous F-150 truck stolen (back in 2010), I want to get the best security/alarm system possible installed on my new Raptor (if/when it ever arrives). I live near Atlanta, and we have one of the worst car theft epidemics in the nation. There are cars stolen every day near my workplace, and the local police department tells you that they don't have time to deal with auto theft (only murders and **** cases). I even had video of mine being stolen in 2010, and they would not take time to investigate. So, it is in my best interest to deter a thief from even trying, especially since it would probably take a year to replace a 2017 Raptor, at the rate Ford is going.

I had an Avital system installed on my 2010 FX4, which disables the alternator if someone tries to break in without a programmed key. Since the thieves have so much better technology now, I want to get some advice from all of you on what type of security system you would recommend, given recent advancements in technology?

I already have a local custom shop set up to install a security camera system, and I put a locker bar on the steering wheel, but I need suggestions on what else you would recommend.

Did you find a solution ?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have a viper alarm system with gps tracking. also, the alarm is connected to my train horn. even if a thief gets in, and shuts down the alarm, the train horn is loud enough to hear from blocks away. enough to scare the shit out of anyone tring to break in. draws way too much attention even if its on for 5 seconds. then the gps. its on a seperate power source with a back up battery. both units are well hidden. so even if they cut the alarm system out, the gps receiver has about 7 days of transmit power so i can locate it

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a viper alarm system with gps tracking. also, the alarm is connected to my train horn. even if a thief gets in, and shuts down the alarm, the train horn is loud enough to hear from blocks away. enough to scare the shit out of anyone tring to break in. draws way too much attention even if its on for 5 seconds. then the gps. its on a seperate power source with a back up battery. both units are well hidden. so even if they cut the alarm system out, the gps receiver has about 7 days of transmit power so i can locate it

I had Viper on my old truck.. and it did the Job.. but I didn't like the big key fob..

Today I was shopping for an alarm system.. and got a quote for $750 installed.

-Compustar 6502
- Remote start/ security
-Bypass Module
-Drone Module
- 1 Prox sensor
- No Key fob (using Drone and Cellphone)

What do you think?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had Viper on my old truck.. and it did the Job.. but I didn't like the big key fob..

Today I was shopping for an alarm system.. and got a quote for $750 installed.

-Compustar 6502
- Remote start/ security
-Bypass Module
-Drone Module
- 1 Prox sensor
- No Key fob (using Drone and Cellphone)

What do you think?
the compustar stuff seems ok. havent dealt with it a whole lot, but i do know the product. the drone mobile is similiar to other gps systems. viper has been around the longest and has withstood the test of time so i prefer viper stuff. once compustar gets a reputation going, i will rethink my options the one good thing compustar has over viper is that viper systems have a 1 mile rwnge with the remote. where the compustar has a 3 mile range on one of tbeir systems