Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2]

Best Security System for 2017 Raptor?

This is a discussion on Best Security System for 2017 Raptor? within the Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Since I had a previous F-150 truck stolen (back in 2010), I want to get the best security/alarm system possible ...

User Tag List

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2016, 12:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Best Security System for 2017 Raptor?
Since I had a previous F-150 truck stolen (back in 2010), I want to get the best security/alarm system possible installed on my new Raptor (if/when it ever arrives). I live near Atlanta, and we have one of the worst car theft epidemics in the nation. There are cars stolen every day near my workplace, and the local police department tells you that they don't have time to deal with auto theft (only murders and rape cases). I even had video of mine being stolen in 2010, and they would not take time to investigate. So, it is in my best interest to deter a thief from even trying, especially since it would probably take a year to replace a 2017 Raptor, at the rate Ford is going.

I had an Avital system installed on my 2010 FX4, which disables the alternator if someone tries to break in without a programmed key. Since the thieves have so much better technology now, I want to get some advice from all of you on what type of security system you would recommend, given recent advancements in technology?

I already have a local custom shop set up to install a security camera system, and I put a locker bar on the steering wheel, but I need suggestions on what else you would recommend.
sniperm likes this.

Released for shipping 12/9,re-released 12/17, ETA TBD
Bassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 04:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

"GEN2 Foamer"

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

With the Push To Start id imagine its pretty hard to steal these days right?

Really though there's not much you can do. Dont leave things in plain sight thats for sure.

Im interested to hear if anyone has any other tips as well.
SOAKINRED likes this.

Old 12-30-2016, 04:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I stopped into a local dealership here in Houston to look at a 2017 that just hit the lot and the sales guy told me that they install 'Class 5' alarms on their vehicles that are make and model specific. It smelled fishy. When I left, I tried to find any info about a 'Class 5' alarm because he said insurance companies would discount your rates by like 15%. The short time I spent searching returned no info about a class 5 alarm system. Maybe I didn't spend enough time searching though.

I never had time to find out if Ford(or any other manufacturer) produced any vehicle specific alarm system. It seems that at a price of $399 that it wouldn't be worth it for a company to engineer and develop if it couldn't be used on other types of vehicles. I could be completely wrong though...

Perhaps the salesman wasn't using the right terminology but just a word of caution if they try to sell you a new alarm system. The legitimacy of their info was questionable...
A_Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

So I ordered my truck equipped with SYNC Connect. So basically my thoughts are I would be able to access the truck with the mobile APP, disable and locate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dkPhV8rDlc
SOAKINRED likes this.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 03:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

All of my Ford trucks since 2010 have had a dealer installed Ford alarm system. It does involve drilling a small hole on the top of the steering column for the LED, but I believe the system is plug and play. It is basically an add on module to compliment the included security system. My dealer installs them in all their stock units, as they are required by Ford to purchase a certain amount of accessories, and security add-ons and drop in liners add up quickly.

After a recent experience with an aftermarket alarm installation in our Jeep I will likely never go that route again.
Scubasigguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 07:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

LoJack perhaps?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
TScozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
Since I had a previous F-150 truck stolen (back in 2010), I want to get the best security/alarm system possible installed on my new Raptor (if/when it ever arrives). <snip>
Can’t you locate the truck via the Ford App? I added a locator to my (faster) bike because it’s easy to pick up and take. The police are generally not interested in property crimes, unless you have a super easy, “gimme felony”
so the location of the vehicle, eyes on it and a 911 call is a bunch easier to make stick than say going to the station an pleading “my truck’s been stolen!”
smurfslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:37 AM   #8 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

Mine has a LoJack installed by the Ford dealer when I bought it new. I get a phone call to my home, my cell and an email if someone sneezes too close to my truck.
gyrotech likes this.

Old 01-03-2017, 02:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by RAPTORSV View Post
Mine has a LoJack installed by the Ford dealer when I bought it new. I get a phone call to my home, my cell and an email if someone sneezes too close to my truck.

How do you like the LoJack? I'm considering going that route as well. Is there a discount on the insurance by using it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
marcomilano77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:29 AM   #10 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

Originally Posted by marcomilano77 View Post
How do you like the LoJack? I'm considering going that route as well. Is there a discount on the insurance by using it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes you do get a insurance discount. Never had a vehicle stolen, but it has no trouble alerting me when the truck is moved or when it thinks its been moved. It comes with a key fob that the truck doesn't like to move without. Key fobs seem to like to eat a lot of batteries though for some reason.
marcomilano77 likes this.