AUX Switch Wires and Pass Through Wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StrangeRaptor

Reaction score
I went though this quickly, so maybe someone has already given this advice. I needed the pass through wires to connect my HAM radio to power in my 2018 SCREW. All of the instructions I found on this site and elsewhere said to remove the kick panel. I did that and watched videos where the fuse box was removed. I took a guess and found that if you release the glovebox and let is swing down, you can see the pass through wires if you look closely. Way easier to access than from the bottom with the kick panel removed. Watch this to learn how to remove the glovebox without breaking anything (this guy talks way too much, so skip to 3:40 to save time): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDZ95zXqqvM

Once you let the glove box drop, you can see the wires on the right hand side (at least I could).

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

grumble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went though this quickly, so maybe someone has already given this advice. I needed the pass through wires to connect my HAM radio to power in my 2018 SCREW. All of the instructions I found on this site and elsewhere said to remove the kick panel. I did that and watched videos where the fuse box was removed. I took a guess and found that if you release the glovebox and let is swing down, you can see the pass through wires if you look closely. Way easier to access than from the bottom with the kick panel removed. Watch this to learn how to remove the glovebox without breaking anything (this guy talks way too much, so skip to 3:40 to save time): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDZ95zXqqvM

Once you let the glove box drop, you can see the wires on the right hand side (at least I could).

Man you got lucky! That was the first place I tried and they couldn't be seen from there. Well done. Tell us more about your ham install?

I just put in a Yaesu FTM-400XDR. Mounted the radio under the front of the passenger seat - it's actually attached to the passenger seat cross-member and moves with the seat - attached with 1" RAM balls and a short arm. The head is sitting in a lido cup-holder mount (cheap - if it stays there, i'm changing it out to a RAM) and the antenna is a Comet CA-2x4SR mounted in the passenger side rear stake-hole with a mount from Breedlove Mounts. Ran the coax down the stake hole, through the fender well and then into and up the length of the frame. It exits right next to a rubber grommet under the passenger floorboar - and enters the cab there. 73 de KG5ZFT.

StrangeRaptor

Reaction score
I installed a Connect Systems CS800D Dual Band UHF/VHF HAM Radio. The CS800D has a remote head that fits perfectly in the cubby below the climate controls.
I have not mounted the mic - but it fits in the cubby with the remote head.
I mounted the chassis under the rear seat. I have a tonneau cover so I used a stake pocket mount that hangs off the side of the bed for the antenna mount.

I thought it would be better in another thread, so I posted pics here:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/what-did-u-do-your-raptor-today-25089/index1809.html#post1263545

angusmcraptor

Reaction score
Is there a specific connector type and size used to connect accessories to the uplifter switch wires so you don’t have to strip the uplifter switch wires?

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya gotta strip.

I stripped, soldered 12 gauge wire to each aux wire and each pass thru wire. Then I crimped on Deutsch solid connectors, then put each set of crimped wires into a waterproof 6 way connector housing. Many people use Weatherpac connectors instead.

This setup is super clean and makes future connections plug and play.

DO NOT USE THE 3M SCOTHLOCK CONNECTORS. THEY WILL FAIL.

Best.

Last edited:

two0seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a pain in the ass this was. whoever built my truck did not want anyone using those pass through wires. They were buried. When I found them I still wasn't sure that i had found the correct wires until I pulled hard enough.