AUX Switch Wires and Pass Through Wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsrick80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your Ham radio a fixed unit or handheld? I currently have my CB wired to my 15 amp, but installing lighting tomorrow that needs that plus the ten amps. Would I be fine moving my cb radio (cobra 75) to the smallest 5 amp?

grumble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your Ham radio a fixed unit or handheld? I currently have my CB wired to my 15 amp, but installing lighting tomorrow that needs that plus the ten amps. Would I be fine moving my cb radio (cobra 75) to the smallest 5 amp?

Cobra wst75 requires about 3A - you'll be fine.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found the wires! In case anyone else feels this pain on a 2018 my wires were taped to a part of the loom above the white plastic at the top of the box. The black ends of the wires were facing towards the rear making them difficult to see. I spotted a single black tip, and that led me to the bundle.

IMG_6459.jpg

IMG_6458.jpg

dd07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've got that backwards. The live aux switch wires are on the passenger's side of the bulkhead and the pass through wires are on the driver's side of the bulkhead.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

He has it labeled backwards.

Confirming that

sfckelley

Reaction score
What a huge PIA trying to find those stupid little wires!!! I saw one of the wire covers and pulled on it, thank the Lord that was the one I needed!!

grumble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found the wires! In case anyone else feels this pain on a 2018 my wires were taped to a part of the loom above the white plastic at the top of the box. The black ends of the wires were facing towards the rear making them difficult to see. I spotted a single black tip, and that led me to the bundle.

Yours look to be about an entire foot longer than mine.

grumble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yours look to be about an entire foot longer than mine.

Scratch that - I *needed* the wires and I was about to run another whole set through the firewall, but then i just reached up in there and grabbed the bundle and pulled - and there was obviously another fold way up there (it's paper tape) and voila - I have 6 wires ready to use. I'm going bundle the two larger wires into one because I'll be pushing the current draw on a single wire with the amateur radio I'm installing. Common sense tells me that I'll connect the two together on the inside, but pigtail them both separately in the bay, each to its own 7.5A fuse connected to the battery - that way if either of them breaks or is cut, the other doesn't inadvertently try drawing too much current.

Blkz06

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm on the 2018's if I need to disconnect any of the plugs at the firewall to find my upfitter wires? From what I can tell, theres a black M/F plug that I could undo and also the 2 big BUS type connectors with white handles that could be undone in order to find these wires.

Any help would be appreciated!

grumble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm on the 2018's if I need to disconnect any of the plugs at the firewall to find my upfitter wires? From what I can tell, theres a black M/F plug that I could undo and also the 2 big BUS type connectors with white handles that could be undone in order to find these wires.

Any help would be appreciated!

I disconnected the big plug at the top of the fuse box just to move it out of the way for my big-wide flipper-hands to get all up and in there. They're up there, just tucked out of the way and probably folded back and taped in a position you can't easily see them. FYI, when i finally found mine, they'd not come down far enough - turns out there was ANOTHER fold up there. I just gave it a little pull (all 6 wires in the bundle) and it broke loose - at least the line tucked them up with paper tape and not vinyl. When you've got them loose, they should extend below the bottom of the fuse panel.