Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2]

AUX Switch Wires and Pass Through Wires

This is a discussion on AUX Switch Wires and Pass Through Wires within the Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Haven't seen this before... Is it possible to configure Upfitter Switches to be hot all the time? It IS possible ...

User Tag List

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2017, 11:48 AM   #21 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Haven't seen this before...

Is it possible to configure Upfitter Switches to be hot all the time?

It IS possible to configure the Super Duty Upfitter Switches: Aux #5 & #6 to be hot all the time - see below:

Link to source:
https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/Q-252.pdf
SilverBolt likes this.

2017 Magnetic SuperCrew Cab 802a; Raptor Tech Pkg w/Adaptive Cruise; 17" Forged Aluminum (Beadlock) Wheels; 2nd Row Heated Seats; Moonroof; Tailgate Step; Exterior & Hood Graphics Pkgs (both removed); Carbon Fiber Pkg; Engine Block Heater. Added: new V1; BlendMount; XPEL Ultimate & Stealth Film; Tinted Front Windows; BedRug, Roll-N-Lock A-Series bed cover
WhatExit? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:53 AM   #22 (permalink)

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by WhatExit? View Post

It IS possible to configure the Super Duty Upfitter Switches: Aux #5 & #6 to be hot all the time - see below:

Link to source:

Very good question. Worth looking into.
Smokeshow60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:20 PM   #23 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Where did you pass your wires from bumper to aux hot wires?
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:59 PM   #24 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Originally Posted by Fender View Post
Where did you pass your wires from bumper to aux hot wires?
If you're talking to me about running the wires from the rear bumper (2 Rigid Dually LED lights mounted under the bumper), I have not yet run the wires to the engine compartment and the Upfitter AUX wires.

I am looking at running the wires inside Liquid Tight flexible conduit (1/2") secured to/above the frame rails to keep them up out of the way. If I do this I'll likely branch a line off and run it up inside the Bed as I want to install a power panel with a Blue Sea Systems power distribution block along with a couple of 12v outlets, a dual USB charger outlet and a switch or two.

Here's what I'm looking at doing: "Power Panel" - Looking at installing in Truck Bed

2017 Magnetic SuperCrew Cab 802a; Raptor Tech Pkg w/Adaptive Cruise; 17" Forged Aluminum (Beadlock) Wheels; 2nd Row Heated Seats; Moonroof; Tailgate Step; Exterior & Hood Graphics Pkgs (both removed); Carbon Fiber Pkg; Engine Block Heater. Added: new V1; BlendMount; XPEL Ultimate & Stealth Film; Tinted Front Windows; BedRug, Roll-N-Lock A-Series bed cover

Last edited by WhatExit?; 09-25-2017 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:09 PM   #25 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Yeh i was just looking at those photos, its a great combo for the back. Where did you run the harness from the front bumper to the firewall?
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:43 AM   #26 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Any answer to this? Iím going to be running a ton of goodies including fog lights. Any tips on running wires/harness from front bumper to AUX wires?
Dynosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:00 PM   #27 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

If you're talking to me about running the wires from the rear bumper (2 Rigid Dually LED lights mounted under the bumper), I have not yet run the wires to the engine compartment and the Upfitter AUX wires.

I am looking at running the wires inside Liquid Tight flexible conduit (1/2") secured to/above the frame rails to keep them up out of the way. If I do this I'll likely branch a line off and run it up inside the Bed as I want to install a power panel with a Blue Sea Systems power distribution block along with a couple of 12v outlets, a dual USB charger outlet and a switch or two.

Here's what I'm looking at doing: "Power Panel" - Looking at installing in Truck Bed
I ran my wires inside the frame rail in cable wrap. Came right out behind the bumper. Ran a pull string using a fish stick and then pulled the wires. Was very easy and completely hidden.
WhatExit? likes this.

GONE - 2014 Roush Ruby Red SE SCrew

2017 Lightning Blue SCrew
cayenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:52 PM   #28 (permalink)

How do you open the kick panel? Just pull??
ckelly33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:19 PM   #29 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Link to source:
As you're aware, this is for the Super Duty's, not the Raptor. I can't seem to find any upfitter fuse box separate from the main one, and none of those have this dual-position 5A fuse that turns #5 and 6 to hot all the time. I found a video but I'd rather not modify any of the switches directly if I can avoid it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIs3pooPmjc

There has to be an easier way like the diagram you described to get constant power to upfitter switches in the Raptor. I'm going to be installing warning lights (amber / white) and they need to be able to be left on when the truck is off, and walk away when parked.

Any other thoughts to this?

Old 11-08-2017, 10:07 PM   #30 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Originally Posted by KryptosXLayer2 View Post
As you're aware, this is for the Super Duty's, not the Raptor. I can't seem to find any upfitter fuse box separate from the main one, and none of those have this dual-position 5A fuse that turns #5 and 6 to hot all the time. I found a video but I'd rather not modify any of the switches directly if I can avoid it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIs3pooPmjc

There has to be an easier way like the diagram you described to get constant power to upfitter switches in the Raptor. I'm going to be installing warning lights (amber / white) and they need to be able to be left on when the truck is off, and walk away when parked.

Any other thoughts to this?

Someone may be able to show you/us a way to run power to one or more of the Upfitter Switches all the time (unswitched power).

If I were you I'd consider running a separate switch(es) for your lights. I'm thinking of doing that anyway in addition to the Upfitters as I'm pretty certain I'll need/want more switches. There are numerous aftermarket products that can be used and there are also many online tutorials on how to create switch panels with relays, etc.