Apple CarPlay not always connecting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Does anyone know why my CarPlay won't always load when I connect the iPhone? It was working fine for about 1 month and now I have to connect and disconnect several times before CarPlay loads on my sync3. Sometimes it never loads. I'm positive it's not a connection issue because I can see the blue tab load up on my phone as soon as I connect.
Also, does anyone else' "ringer" volume on the phone automatically get set to full blast when connecting to CarPlay? It's annoying to reset the volume every freakin time. I have the iPhone 6s btw. Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

ron.bumpus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am experiencing the same thing with mine. so you are not the only one. tried updating system to no avail.

diluted

Reaction score
I have weird things happening with Android Auto also. Sometimes Spotify and Google Music work.. other times they don't.

TMW!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to do Apple Car Play without always connecting via USB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THUMPER

Reaction score
There's something definitely going on,worked fine for the 1st couple weeks of owner ship then stopped connecting. tried different cables and have OEM apple cable. The one way I got it to work was to turn the bluetooth off on the phone. working everytime I plug in now. I need to of course turn back on and try again.