Any way to turn off Backup Beeper? permamently

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What backup beep are you talking about? The sensors when you get close to something?

wakko0o

Reaction score
I would keep them on. I can't count the amount of times the beep has saved me from tapping something. Switching views from mirrors to rear cam is all that takes for you to have a close call when backing up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that could be done in ForScan then can one set it so it stays in Tow/Sport Mode or whatever was last selected?

Last edited:

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I turned of the beeper in my 2014 F150 because the ball on my hitch made the beeper go off every time I put the truck in reverse. It was VERY EASY. Put your parking brake on, put the truck in reverse close enough to something so that the beeper is going off, open door, and look underneath the dashboard for the small speaker. It should be above the brake pedal. Simply unclip the electrical connector from the speaker. Problem solved and you're welcome.

FYI - When you put it in reverse, you will no longer have the choice to turn off the noise. No worries though.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I turned of the beeper in my 2014 F150 because the ball on my hitch made the beeper go off every time I put the truck in reverse. It was VERY EASY. Put your parking brake on, put the truck in reverse close enough to something so that the beeper is going off, open door, and look underneath the dashboard for the small speaker. It should be above the brake pedal. Simply unclip the electrical connector from the speaker. Problem solved and you're welcome.

FYI - When you put it in reverse, you will no longer have the choice to turn off the noise. No worries though.

just curious if the sensors still did the range after u did the disconnect? like green, yellow, red.

also that would probably disable the cross traffic sound also on our gen 2. and i actually like that feature.

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just curious if the sensors still did the range after u did the disconnect? like green, yellow, red.

also that would probably disable the cross traffic sound also on our gen 2. and i actually like that feature.

I remember that there were lines both before and after, but I don't recall if they were colored.

I didn't have to do this on my Raptor since I don't have to run a large raise hitch like I did on my '14 (it was lowered). I have an 801A so don't know if it messes up the cross traffic alarms.