any good Sirius XM subscriptions out there?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been in multiple Mexican standoffs with Sirius. Cancel your service and tell them you're only comfortable paying the $25 for 6 months because you usually use SPOTIFY and only have Sirius for the occasional variety and they will continue to give you the 6 months for $25. I've been doing it since Spotify first hit the market and they haven't hassled me since. Now before Spotify they would call my bluff and I would go without for a few weeks until they called to offer me my rate again. I just saw the other day that they raised their prices again. Not worth it!

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been to lazy to call and even get the military discount I see everytime I log into the id.me site. Since you have to call and talk to the ****** customer service people. Maybe I should do that tomorrow as my month subscription payment comes around next week. I think its 25% for the discount. I need to go login and get the number and info again

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just called and asked for the yearly promo and they gave it to me for $99 + tax for a year for the SELECT package.

Thats what I pay. Im ok with it.

I also pay by check so they dont auto bill me the default rate. Once I negociate it down then they send a revised statement.

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I play the every 6 month game too, have been for years...but sometimes I have to let my subscription expire before I can get the $25-$30 deal, but most of the time just threatening to cancel due to full price does it.

However, I just learned a new trick today. I had a little bit of prepaid time on my last 6 months for $25 left over on my 2014. When I went online to cancel that account, I found an option to transfer that balance to the end of your new trial period for the 2017. In the process of doing that, it offered me the option to extend all access for 6months for $49.99 OR the select package for 6 months for $29.99. I dont need all access because I dont stream or care about the 10 channels that come with all access (MLB, NBA, PGA, etc...). Select has Stern and all NFL and all the music I want. The best part was I didn't have to call and sit on hold and play the game with anyone.

FYI, the way the transaction ACTUALLY worked was different than what it said online. It was super simple, like 3 clicks, under Help and Support when you go into your account. It says transfer service to a new trial subscription. What is actually did, was delete my old radio from my account, refund me like $11 on my credit card and set up the 6 months for $29.99 to start at the end of July when my trial ends (and they wont bill me until then). Very fast and VERY easy. Hope this helps.