Antenna Location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nordic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there were pre-production pictures of a standard antenna towards the back of the right fender and some comments on here along the lines of is that the best they could do. Haven't seen anything about it in a bit and did a search. Anyway, has anyone confirmed that the antenna is mounted to the front right of the roof as shown on the Ford build site? It is not shown on the left.

Attachments

• IMG_1022.jpg
    IMG_1022.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 127

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Passenger front fender. Search on my posts and you'll see a non pre-production Blue Raptor, (just posted) the Antenna is visible in one of the shots.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Nordic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Don't know how I missed the sat antenna in pics, first time I noticed it was on the configurator. Do either of you know if the am/fm retracts? I could swear I have seen pics without the antenna up. Have my eye on the shorty. I rarely listen to am/fm so if it retracts no need for the shorty.

OP
OP
N

Nordic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^Thanks Ditch. Starting to get a shopping list together.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Curious if anyone knows why they can put the antenna in the windshield of a car and not this truck? Is it a durability thing?

paulhaskew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious if anyone knows why they can put the antenna in the windshield of a car and not this truck? Is it a durability thing?

My thought, cost. It's also one of my dislikes about the trucks. :/

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My thought, cost. It's also one of my dislikes about the trucks. :/

I don't see how that could be the case with all of the other features this truck has to offer. Especially since they have antenna's for Satellite radio etc already on the truck.

Last edited:

paulhaskew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason I said cost is that it isn't simply based on parts, but rather ROI. There is engineering that has to go into moving the antenna, the wiring, changing the fender, changing the tooling that makes the fenders, incorporating it into the glass, finding the suppliers, negotiating the contract for that specific part, etc... That gets expensive really quick.

The only other conclusion that I can come up with is that the free standing antenna is far superior and will work farther out in the middle of Nowheresville.