Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2]

Alarm going off for no reason

This is a discussion on Alarm going off for no reason within the Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Between midnight and 5AM my alrm went off 4 times. Wasn't an animal or person, all doors were closed. I ...

User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fly5150

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2017, 10:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Alarm going off for no reason
Between midnight and 5AM my alrm went off 4 times. Wasn't an animal or person, all doors were closed.

I searched some other forums and it seems to have been an issue with past F150s. A hood pin could become out of alignment seemed to be a primary cause. Seems like it happended more with newer trucks less than 6 mo old.
Since I had the hood up the day before I thought this also seemed to be a similar issue.

It appears the 2017 does not have a pin, but there is appears to be a sensor attached to the clasp/lock for the hood. Has any one had any alarm issues? If so what was the fix?

SWB001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Windows open or something in the cab passing through the cab and or landing on and activating the interior sensors Try turning off the interior motion sensor. Keep windows closed.
TornadoRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 01:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Man, this is so wild. I just got home from and looked through the manual to frame more about the alarm system. Because, I too, had a random alarm go off today. I wasn't near the truck, but got a Push from the app. However, I've felt that I'm getting false alarms but thought I accidentally pressed the button on the fob whole in my pocket.

Now you me got me thinking...

I'm kind of wondering if the interior sensors are sensitive to noise, which could be activated by a loud noise outside. This actually makes the most sense because I've seen my truck alarm when an adjacent alarm sounded. And, maybe today's false was set off by a train that was a mere 100' from my parked truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GizmoVance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Well.... just to add to the mystery, I had mine go off twice yesterday. I was on the Cross Sound ferry coming back from New England and I get pinged that my alarm is tripped. Sure enough, it was. It wasn't rough out, or any weird shit happening to trigger it, but I went down and watched from the second deck to see if someone was fucking with it and sure enuff, the alarm starts going off right in front of me! I reset it, and it didn't do it again. strange....
shelteredraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

My alarm came on a few times, too, several weeks ago. Don't know why. Hasn't happened again since. <shrug>
Truck-in-Muck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Which app, sync?

Fly5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Fly5150 View Post
Which app, sync?

Huh? You don't know about the FORD PASS app??? For shame! ;-)

Seriously, if you ordered the FORD SYNC CONNECT option, this app is the bomb.com!! You can check the status of the vehicle, fuel, location, mileage, messages and assistance from Ford, LOCK/UNLOCK, and Remote Start (even on a schedule).

If you didn't order Sync Connect...not so much.

With a SYNC® Connect-equipped vehicle, you can use FordPass® to track your vehicle’s location and remotely access vehicle features such as start, lock and unlock and vehicle status including fuel level and approximate mileage. You can also schedule specific times to remotely start your vehicle so it’s ready to hit the road as soon as you are.162
To learn more about where FordPass can take you, visit www.fordpass.com.

Last edited by GizmoVance; 06-19-2017 at 05:18 PM.
GizmoVance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by GizmoVance View Post
Huh? You don't know about the FORD PASS app??? For shame! ;-)

Seriously, if you ordered the FORD SYNC CONNECT option, this app is the bomb.com!! You can check the status of the vehicle, fuel, location, mileage, messages and assistance from Ford, LOCK/UNLOCK, and Remote Start (even on a schedule).

If you didn't order Sync Connect...not so much.

With a SYNC Connect-equipped vehicle, you can use FordPass to track your vehicle’s location and remotely access vehicle features such as start, lock and unlock and vehicle status including fuel level and approximate mileage. You can also schedule specific times to remotely start your vehicle so it’s ready to hit the road as soon as you are.162
To learn more about where FordPass can take you, visit www.fordpass.com.

Just checked...have sync connect. I'll have to get that app, sounds pretty cool.

GizmoVance likes this.
Fly5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

Mine set off one afternoon but I figured that the hats on the back headrest set it off by falling

SoCalHusker is offline   Reply With Quote