Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2]

Add a sub problem

This is a discussion on Add a sub problem within the Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!

User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2018, 01:18 PM   #11 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I wasnt really happy with the sound in the stock plastic bass box. I tried porting the box, dyanamap, rewiring with heavy gauge wire. I used the LC2+ for power switching and a class D bass amp. Still wasnt happy. I ended up adding another pioneer 10Ē Sub ($125) under the seat connected by a 1/4 phone plug so i can easly move it in or out. Wired both speakers at 4 ohms. Used the LC2+ mains-not the sub out. Wow...really happy now.
Attached Thumbnails
c65b7ae4-e341-46c4-9751-7491e92805f0.jpg   9a052d45-09ad-4e6d-ba2b-0b3ecc64425e.jpg   6a32e3a5-9e0a-49cf-ab32-ee4bb8aed3b9.jpg  

Flatfuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 04:01 PM   #12 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Post a link to your sub. I thought the shallow mount Pioneer 8's were free air subs?

Old 05-05-2018, 04:50 PM   #13 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Flatfuse View Post
I wasnt really happy with the sound in the stock plastic bass box. I tried porting the box, dyanamap, rewiring with heavy gauge wire. I used the LC2+ for power switching and a class D bass amp. Still wasnt happy. I ended up adding another pioneer 10” Sub ($125) under the seat connected by a 1/4 phone plug so i can easly move it in or out. Wired both speakers at 4 ohms. Used the LC2+ mains-not the sub out. Wow...really happy now.
I might have to do that too at some point! Looks like you also used pioneer sub in original enclosure? Did you get distortion with speaker even at low levels? I know it’s just a single 8” sub so I’m not expecting much but at the moment, it sounds horrible with distortion and original set up was better at this point. Is that a 2018 B&O setup?

Last edited by sherwood; 05-05-2018 at 04:58 PM.
sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 04:57 PM   #14 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Raptized View Post
Post a link to your sub. I thought the shallow mount Pioneer 8's were free air subs?
Itís the pioneer TS-SW2002D2. Pioneer website http://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/POCEN/Car/Subwoofers/Shallow-Mount/TS-SW2002D2
says free air or sealed. Box that speaker came in also has demensions for sealed, ported, and bandpass enclosures.
Attached Thumbnails
b48fcede-a174-40b4-aa5c-3addadf4ec1e.jpg  
Old 05-05-2018, 05:41 PM   #15 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by sherwood View Post
It’s the pioneer TS-SW2002D2. Pioneer website TS-SW2002D2 - NEW! - 8" Shallow-Mount Subwoofer with 600 Watts Max. Power | Pioneer of Canada - English
says free air or sealed. Box that speaker came in also has demensions for sealed, ported, and bandpass enclosures.
What is the cu ft of the box you are mounting it in? Or if you don't know that what are the dimensions?

And your sub may need tuned to your specific box... https://www.crutchfield.com/S-qiw07k...rs/tuning.html

Last edited by Raptized; 05-05-2018 at 05:43 PM.
Raptized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 05:50 PM   #16 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
What is the cu ft of the box you are mounting it in? Or if you don't know that what are the dimensions?

And your sub may need tuned to your specific box... https://www.crutchfield.com/S-qiw07k...rs/tuning.html
I’m mounting it in the original enclosure that came with the 2018 B&O so I don’t know dimensions because it’s not exactly a rectangle/square shape and goes around bolts, mounts, and crazy angles.
The speaker distorts at lowest sensitivity and lowest settings so I can’t really “tune it” when I’m already bottomed out. Really frustrating.
Old 05-05-2018, 06:09 PM   #17 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Iím mounting it in the original enclosure that came with the 2018 B&O so I donít know dimensions (not exactly a rectangle/square shape).
The speaker distorts at lowest sensitivity and lowest settings so I canít really ďtune itĒ when Iím already bottomed out. Really frustrating.
describe the sound it is making...

Is it rattling or just not tight bass?

What amp are you using?

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

wiring diagrams

2018 Sound System Upgrade

Old 05-05-2018, 06:34 PM   #18 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

@sherwood, im afraid you may have toasted one or both of the voicecoils. I did the same thing turning up the amp. The distortion from a bad coil is much more apparent when its in the box. Did you notice any electrical smell when you removed the speaker?
Raptized likes this.
Flatfuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 06:48 PM   #19 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
describe the sound it is making...

Is it rattling or just not tight bass?

What amp are you using?

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

wiring diagrams

2018 Sound System Upgrade
Thanks for the link! Thatís actually the post I was using to get wiring diagrams for amp inputs. I got the Kenwood amp that other people were using on this forum
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00U80FUHA?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title
Itís not a rattle noise, itís when base comes on the speaker distorts. Crazy thing is itís clear outside of enclosure and as soon as itís pressed into enclosure, it distorts (also distorts when cranked down with screws so not a rattle).

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Flatfuse View Post
@sherwood, im afraid you may have toasted one or both of the voicecoils. I did the same thing turning up the amp. The distortion from a bad coil is much more apparent when its in the box. Did you notice any electrical smell when you removed the speaker?
I felt like that might have happened so actually got another new pioneer speaker and out of the box (low volume), had the exact same result... it just doesnít make sense!
Old 05-05-2018, 07:18 PM   #20 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Thanks for the link! That’s actually the post I was using to get wiring diagrams for amp inputs. I got the Kenwood amp that other people were using on this forum
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00U8...op_mb_pd_title
It’s not a rattle noise, it’s when base comes on the speaker distorts. Crazy thing is it’s clear outside of enclosure and as soon as it’s pressed into enclosure, it distorts (also distorts when cranked down with screws so not a rattle).

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

I felt like that might have happened so actually got another new pioneer speaker and out of the box (low volume), had the exact same result... it just doesn’t make sense!
first try pushing down slightly on the sub during low bass- if this helps sub has damaged voice coils or spider.

Install the factory sub and try it out in the box with the amp all the way down to see if it is amp setting or the subs. Does the amp have different inputs? kenwood 300x1?