GEN 2 802A audio source button disabled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
...when you press the adjacent ‘direction’ buttons - or ‘seek’ buttons on the head unit.

I had this happen last night and thought I’d broken something. I went to change sources, and hit the seek forward button. I noticed I could not change the station when my wife says “Put on Hair nation already?”.

I believe I had to hit a numbered preset button to restore function.

Anyone else’s Raptor do this, or is Lucille mad at me?

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smurf

Mine does some weird stuff once and awhile.
Every rare once in awhile I'll start her up and it's trying to read off the USB and says there is no source... I think it's when I turn it off with a blue tooth phone source playing...

I'm guessing just electronic quirks

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Reaction score
For real. I tried to replicate briefly tonight, no luck. I’ll trip over it again. It would not let me advance through the presets no matter what. Truck full o’ relatives, so voice commands were out. Sure, the truck’s probably the only one that would listen to me ... if she could actually hear me.

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Reaction score
recreated!

I was able to replicate the source button disabled a couple times.

1 time, I asked siri to play a song, to which I got “you must first unlock your iPhone” At that point, the source button was non responsive, preset buttons non-responsive and sync seemed to be stuck in a waiting for phone response mode. I shut audio off / on to recover.

I got it again, but forgot to note my set of actions to get there.