2018 Sound Upgrade Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

n8doggnp

Reaction score
What leads did you tap into for the stealthbox? Stock sub leads? Did you leave the stock sub?

Raptorx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would welcome updates as well. Looking to upgrade my 2018 sound system.

Thank you

ss_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 with a Stealth box and JL 600-1/V3 amp. I don’t have a PAC or LC2i - AudioControl its just the sub and amp somehow connecting to the stock B&O system. 2 days ago my amp went out, so i thought ok maybe its a fuse. I took it to the shop, and a fuse was indeed blown. They replaced the fuse and the amp wouldn't turn on. They tell me it looks like a bad amp. So the shop gives me a replacement amp until they can get me a new amp. They put the new replacement amp in and it turns out the sub in the stealth box also blew. So two of JL's top components blew up at the same time. The shop i took it to had no idea what the issue was, they just told me they need to have JL evaluate the bad component to find out why both failed at the same time. Can any experts here tell me what the root cause might be? To me, it looks like an installation problem. Is a PAC or LC2i needed to tap into the B&O system?

mcmiked97

Reaction score
Following. As far as blowing both, that sounds strange. Do you run your audio system hard? I wonder if some distorted signal went through and blew both components.

ss_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following. As far as blowing both, that sounds strange. Do you run your audio system hard? I wonder if some distorted signal went through and blew both components.

Not at all my old ass ears can’t handle hard anymore. The bass knob is turned all the way down on most songs. I will say this combo puts out some serious bass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, where did you install the crossovers for the front speakers?