2018 B&O Rattle in Front Right Corner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messiah62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2 week old 2018 with the B&O has a pretty bad rattle when playing any music with moderate base. It seems to be coming from either the vent or door speaker area. Hard to really tell... Anyone one else see this?

I'll have to take it into the dealer to be diagnosed.

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no rattle on mine, i thought my passenger rear was rattling then realized somone left a solo cup in the door. :D

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are metal retainer clips for the bolts in the door. There are 2 on the door handle in particular. They get kinda loose and rattle. I fixed it by hot using. Hot glue on all the bolts and then ******** them in. Not a problem since.

OP
OP
M

Messiah62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not even going to touch it. I remember when I was 16 trying to take door panels off, and those damn little plastic clips breaking. The door panel never went on as good again. A 65k truck under warranty... better leave it to the dealership.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
13 door comes off easy, can't speak for the 17, I know the 15 mustang I helped a buddy with was full of cheap plastic clip on hell

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Messiah62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer ended up stealing a speaker from a Platinum cause they couldn’t order the part from Ford yet.

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2018 is 2 weeks old also, and I definitely have this rattle also. Its very slight, but I am sensitive to things like this. I thought I blew a speaker already and have been looking at replacing the stereo because of it. I might try taking the panel off to see if I can find the clips people are talking about.