2018 B&O Play System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2018 B&O sounds, well, fine. Its nothing to scream about but I've heard worse. No experience with the Sony. My 2014 Silverado with Bose sounded a shade better. I mean these aren't super high end stereo's. B&O Play ain't B&O.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HD radio, a high-bit song through USB, or a CD. HD radio sounds 1200000% better than satellite radio on my SONY

OP
OP
lawdog

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2018 B&O sounds, well, fine. Its nothing to scream about but I've heard worse. No experience with the Sony. My 2014 Silverado with Bose sounded a shade better. I mean these aren't super high end stereo's. B&O Play ain't B&O.

Thanks for the input from someone who's actually heard it...finally...and who is not a Ford salesman. I've never heard the Bose that was in that generation GM trucks, but I'll take your word for it. The last Bose I had was in a 2001 Audi S4 I had, and it was pretty good, once you coded the eq to offset the standard Bose mid-bass emphasis.

Again, I'm not expecting the real B&O system from the high-end Audis or competition-level...just hoping for something better than the Sony most folks don't care for.

jgree32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming from an 07 BMW 335i that had an amazing stock stereo from Harman Kardon I think I'm going to be disappointed.
Everyone who ever sat in my car never believed it was a pure stock stereo. 13speaker with subs under each front seat it was pretty decent.

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe its my mind playing tricks, but I found that using the Sync App and Spotify sounded quite a bit better than Spotify over bluetooth. I was actually impressed this morning.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just want reference quality NPR.

By your use of NPR and references to Latin phrasing.... I'm able to postulate that you are a practicing attorney.

Can we start suing some folks on here for libel? I can think of a couple.

Lol

:)

OLI62

Reaction score
maybe its my mind playing tricks, but I found that using the Sync App and Spotify sounded quite a bit better than Spotify over bluetooth. I was actually impressed this morning.

I've had the same experience running Sync and Spotify too. Still not where I wish it would be but definitely sounds markedly better.

OP
OP
lawdog

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By your use of NPR and references to Latin phrasing.... I'm able to postulate that you are a practicing attorney.

Can we start suing some folks on here for libel? I can think of a couple.

Lol

:)

Ha...the NPR thing was a joke, but quality deductions, nonetheless. Yes, I am a recovering/practicing attorney...please don't hold it against me too much.

As for defamation around here, I think one of the likely main culprits recently got the banhammer... Remember, truth is always an absolute defense, and often suing for defamation does little more than amplify the originally offensive comment. Beyond that, let's talk awesome trucks...

nah_tan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not thrilled with the B+O system in my 2018 and am about to replace the speakers. ITs not awful but just sort of hollow and lacking punch . It definitely sounds noticeably better than my friends Sony system on his 2017 but its easy enough to replace the speakers so ill be going that route

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im not thrilled with the B+O system in my 2018 and am about to replace the speakers. ITs not awful but just sort of hollow and lacking punch . It definitely sounds noticeably better than my friends Sony system on his 2017 but its easy enough to replace the speakers so ill be going that route

See my DIY thread for under 500. From what I can see on the spec sheet... it'll all apply to the B&O system and will be a MAJOR upgrade. Heck it should work even better than on my Sony system because your head unit and amp are higher quality.